|Job Ref:||204637904||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||London||City:||East London||Address:||Post Code:||E1||Salary:||£45000 - £50000/annum + car+package||Post Date:||08/10/2016 02:18|
PROJECT QUANTITY SURVEYOR REQUIRED FOR RAIL PROJECT IN EAST LONDON|
Salary: Circa £50k + package
Sector: Rail, Civils
Role: Quantity Surveyor
Location: East London
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Project Quantity Surveyor to work within a main contractor in East London. As part of a £50million rail project, this position will look after the civils package valued at £8million. Typical works involved in the package include embankment stabilisation, drainage and groundworks.
As the quantity surveyor you take responsibility for the execution of the quantity surveying function on the contract within the limits defined by the Project Commercial Manager in order to maximise quality of service and profitability. This is an excellent opportunity for you to enter the rail sector from a civils background, undertaking works on a multi-disciplined and high profile project. Typical duties will include:
• Presentation of all applications for payment, including all contractual entitlements
• Prompt presentation of weekly cost/value information, delivery schedules and KPI data
• Commercial support to site and contracts management team. As well as estimating and procurement teams
• Close liaison with the client on all commercial matters, including preparation and submission of supporting information
• Must have experience as a Quantity Surveyor with knowledge of the NEC contract. If you have commercial experience within rail, highways, groundworks and drainage, don't hesitate to apply!
• Ideally you will be degree qualified, RICS membership is an advantage.
• Experience with Design and Build contracts would be beneficial.
• Excellent communication with interpersonal and team management skills.
Please note: you must be eligible to live and work in the UK to apply for this position
If you are interested in applying for this or other roles through ATA recruitment please forward your CV to or call NA