|Job Ref:||204637897||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||London||City:||East London||Address:||Post Code:||E1||Salary:||£45000 - £50000/annum + car+package||Post Date:||08/10/2016 02:18|
SENIOR QUANTITY SURVEYOR REQUIRED FOR RAIL PROJECT RUNNING FROM EAST LONDON TO EAST ANGLIA|
Salary: £45k-£50k + package
Sector: Rail, Civils
Role: Senior Quantity Surveyor
Location: East London
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Senior Quantity Surveyor to work within a top rail contractor in London. This position will sit on the team tasked to deliver the CP5 structural schemes running from East London to East Anglia. The work will involve delivering longer platforms and station modifications on this key route, new footbridges and upgrades to bridges, embankments and tunnels.
As the Senior Quantity Surveyor you take responsibility for the execution of the quantity surveying function on the contract within the limits defined by the Senior Commercial Manager in order to maximise quality of service and profitability. This is an excellent opportunity to secure work for the foreseeable future, with this contractor looking likely to be involved in CP6, the next rail framework. Typical duties will include:
• Presentation of all applications for payment, including all contractual entitlements
• Prompt presentation of weekly cost/value information, delivery schedules and KPI data
• Commercial support to site and contracts management team. As well as estimating and procurement teams
• Close liaison with the client on all commercial matters, including preparation and submission of supporting information
• Must have experience as a Quantity Surveyor with knowledge of the NEC contract. You also must have previous experience working on the rail projects.
• Ideally you will be degree qualified, RICS membership is an advantage.
• Experience with Design and Build contracts would be beneficial.
• Excellent communication with interpersonal and team management skills.
Please note: you must be eligible to live and work in the UK to apply for this position
If you are interested in applying for this or other roles through ATA recruitment please forward your CV to or call NA