|Job Ref:||204637856||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||-||City:||Malaysia||Address:||Salary:||£5051 - £7216/month package||Post Date:||08/10/2016 02:18|
AFC Engineer - Malaysia |
My client is a leading international railway engineering company looking to recruit a senior Automatic Fare Collection â€œAFCâ€ Engineer for their major railway project in Malaysia. This role involves providing engineering expertise and design review and assistance Automatic Fare Collection systems during the construction and delivery phase.
The project team is seeking a senior level, experienced Automatic Fare Collection Engineer to review and provide support on design issues as well as coordinating their various design elements.
The Automatic Fare Collection Engineer will be experienced with Automatic Fare Collection systems and will have in-depth knowledge of the elements to be included in their design and ideally their integration with a public transportation system. The chosen applicant will be from an electrical engineering background, with experience of the design of fare collection or other revenue systems such Euro Card, Master Card, Visa Card, and Electronic Fund Transfer.
Responsibilities will include the following:
- Leading the Automatic Fare Collection team (electrical engineers and inspectors) in the development of Automatic Fare Collection systems in relation to system enhancements, revenue operations advancement and integration into the overall rail transport system
- Acting in an final acceptance capacity on all technical matters related to the design of the Automatic Fare Collection system to ensure contractual and maintenance compliance requirements
- Managing and monitoring contractors in establishing Automatic Fare Collection system as per contractual agreement
- Monitoring the performance of contractors in compliance with safety and security requirements
- Participating in design review meetings with the contractors and the client and ensuring all system specification measures are accomplished
- Reviewing and evaluating existing Key Performance Indicators for Automatic Fare Collection operations
- Proposing standards of measurements for assessing the effectiveness and efficiency of Automatic Fare Collection system operations
- Maintaining records of overruns in the design review process and the cause of each delay
- Managing and ensuring the implementation of the preventive and corrective maintenance of the Automatic Fare Collection system and related features
- A bachelor degree in engineering.
- Over 10 years experience work experience on the design and construction phases of rail projects.
- Experience in the design of fare collection including smart card, contactless and magnetic media or other revenue systems such Euro Card, Master Card, Visa Card, and Electronic Fund Transfer
- Ability to successfully lead, develop and motivate a multidisciplinary team of engineers
- Strong change management skills and the ability to successfully resolve issues despite obstacles and resistance