|Job Ref:||204640646||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Devon||City:||Devon||Address:||Post Code:||EX13||Salary:||£29000 - £32000/annum||Post Date:||08/10/2016 02:20|
Alex Tosney is recruiting for a Composite Production Engineer to work within a manufacturing environment for a Materials (Composites) company that manufacture a range of composite and polymer products. The Composite Production Engineer will work on their site in Devon a permanent basis. |
This role is paying a salary of £29,000pa - £32,000pa depending on experience
The primary responsibility of the Composite Production Engineer is to provide a professional and efficient engineering service to the Advanced Composite area in order for them to meet internal & external customer requirements and operational budgets/targets
Further responsibilities include:
- Developing, implementing and maintaining systems for ensuring routing accuracy at all times.
- Co-ordinating and accelerating contract review documentation for relevant process group, ensuring information is accurate.
- Responsibility for delivering a balanced decision making process on cost, quality and risk to ensure targets are met with no business exposure.
- Actively working with employees, line managers and production engineers to improve existing processes and operations through better working practices and new technology.
- Developing product information (Shop pack, layup books, drawings instruction manuals etc.) to ensure that manufacturing have all the information required at hand in a clear and standardised manner to ensure manufacturing mistakes are minimised.
- Documenting all projects to demonstrate 'before and after' and provide regular detailed updates to the Senior Composite Engineer of current and future projects.
- Assisting in the specification and justification of capital equipment necessary for the development and growth of the Advanced Composite Business Unit.
- Ensuring knowledge of modern composite manufacturing technologies is kept current and disseminated within the business so that the company is always able to offer a modern cost effective solution to customers.
- Interfacing with both current and prospective customers and proposing technical solutions to manufacture/design enquiries.
- Assisting in developing other personal by communicating knowledge of engineering processes in a structured and concise manner.
- Travelling to external locations/contacts are a part of this role, as an ambassador of the company, conduct at all times must be nothing short of professional and courteous.
- Developing 'Best Practice Methodologies' throughout Advanced Composites.
- Increasing your knowledge of modern manufacturing technologies/principles to ensure that the most up-to-date practices/ methodologies are used at all times.
As a Composite Production Engineer, you will have the following qualifications, skills and experience:
- Demonstrable relevant industrial experience
- Good technical background(minimum HNC level)
- CAD skills
- Experience of quoting
- Commercial understanding of composites
CK Engineers is an Equal Opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all who meet our selection criteria.
If you do not hear back from us within 5 working days of your application for this role, it means that on this occasion you have not been short listed for the next stage of the recruitment campaign. Entitlement to work in the EEA is essential. Please quote reference ENG37088 in all correspondence