|Job Ref:||204639896||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||West Midlands||Address:||Post Code:||WV14||Salary:||£50000/annum||Post Date:||08/10/2016 02:18|
Adopting a bespoke solution approach to the customer requirements, the role will cover
* Evaluation of requirements - mechanical and electromechanical systems and products by designing and conducting research programs; applying principles of mechanics, thermodynamics, hydraulics, heat transfer, and materials to derive an initial solution.
* Confirm system and product capabilities by designing feasibility and testing methods; testing properties.
* Develop manufacturing and assembly processes by designing and modifying equipment for fabricating, building, assembling, and installing components.
* Assure system and product quality by designing testing methods; testing finished- product and system capabilities; confirming fabrication, assembly, and installation processes.
* Prepare product reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends.
* Maintains product specifications to company, customer and legal standards
Candidates are likely to have a good degree in mechanical engineering coupled with demonstrable experience of successfully designing and developing complex engineered solutions for demanding applications. Experience of developing and commercialising novel products for low volume manufacture (from 1 to 50 units a year) is also desirable.
Core competencies: excellent mechanical engineering skills ideally but not necessarily aligned with high-speed materials handling and mechanism design systems engineering experience, including complex mechanisms, control systems and software excellent analytical skills combined with proven experience of providing innovative engineering solutions taking designs from initial concept through to established manufactured products leading small teams of technical personnel
Candidates will have experience of working in integrated engineering teams, whose remit is likely to have included the specification, design procurement, installation and commissioning of special purpose automated machines.
Experience of designing high-speed, high-value capital equipment for pharmaceutical, FMCG, food and drink or similar industries is beneficial but is not essential.
The Company is a leader in designing and building of bespoke equipment for food & beverage, pharmaceutical and FMCG markets. In partnership with their customers, their capability also includes providing solutions to improve existing equipment efficiency as well as improving quality and the reducing the impact of operational and maintenance costs