|Job Ref:||204639689||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Buckinghamshire||City:||Buckinghamshire||Address:||Post Code:||HP7||Post Date:||08/10/2016 02:17|
Company Profile: |
We are working with a Civil / Structural practice that works on projects in Highways & Infrastructure, Rail, Education, Leisure, Residential, Health and Pharmaceutical Sectors.
Roles and Responsibilities:
This role is to manage significant infrastructure projects from technical design and detailing through to implementation in housing, commercial and industrial developments.
Main duties include:
• Preparation of detailed drawings and calculations to obtain technical approval for adoptable highway, or sewerage schemes in accordance with national and local authority specifications including S38 and S278 for highways and S104, S106 and S98 for sewerage. Projects will include residential, commercial and industrial developments.
• Preparation of private drainage layouts, external levels, geometric setting out, and construction details for residential, commercial and industrial schemes for NHBC or Building Regulation approval.
• Drawings to be produced using AutoCAD Civil 3D. Calculations to be produced using industry standard software i.e. WinDes by MicroDrainage.
• Undertake pre-purchase feasibility studies and resolution of planning conditions including drainage feasibility and highways considerations. Knowledge of design and implication of flood risk assessments and SUD`s techniques advantageous.
• Preparation of 3D ground models for volume calculations, cut and fill exercises, vertical road profiles etc.
• Liaise and communicate with clients and external agencies i.e. Environment Agency, Regional Highway Authorities and Sewerage authorities etc.
• Assist with other traffic / transport related tasks if requested by your Line Manager/Associate.
• Undertake site inspections.
• Maintain professional development.
• Control the programmed performance of projects.
• Good written and verbal communication skills.
• Ability to manage own workload within agreed time scales.
• Comply with the requirements of the Quality Assurance system and other Policy Documents.
• Present a professional face and assistance to all visitors, external professionals and clients.
Essential Experience :
• Working experience of drainage and highway design and detailing.
• Working experience of MicroDrainage WinDES
• Use of Microsoft Office software packages i.e. Excel, Word etc.
• Working appreciation of highway and general structures
• Working experience of AutoCAD Civil 3D