|Job Ref:||11202BR||Employer:||MWH||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Country:||Netherlands||City:||Arnhem||Address:||Post Date:||07/10/2016 04:06|
The role holder will primarily be working for clients involved in the construction and management of wet and dry infrastructure, such as The Directorate-General for Public Works (Rijkswaterstaat) and the Port of Rotterdam. This is a multi disciplinary role, requiring a candidate not only with the right mix of experience, talent and professionalism, but the ability to juggle roles and adapt to the situation at hand. In the role of Advisor you will be working in both internal and external project teams (e.g. IPM team) on a wide variety of challenging infrastructural projects. |
These projects often revolve around unique and complex technological designs and/or implementation projects operating within tight financial and time constraints. Key success factors such as risk analysis, schedules, costs, budgets, processes, scope, capacity and quality you will analyze and evaluate in advance -using them in your planned project execution to ensure the project is delivered on time and in line with all agreed parameters. In the role of assistant project manager you will be working in an IPM team under the supervision of the Project Manager - responsible for project management, overall supervision and expected to perform all relevant duties within these assigned task areas. You will act as a 'sparring partner' for the Project Manager, delivering counsel and advice as part of your assigned responsibilities while supervising the more specialist advisors. A core component to the role is the ability to lead consultation meetings independently, working to reach agreement on content while being an effective coordinator and liaison with the Project Manager and team members.
• An Academic degree in a relevant field
• A minimum of 3 years relevant work experience in project management, (preferably in infrastructural projects);
• Relevant experience of wet and/or dry infrastructure projects (Rijkswaterstaat or the Port of Rotterdam experience is mandatory);
• Broad, up to date knowledge of the requisite specialist disciplines;
• Conversant with current laws and regulations;
• Be Results-driven, with the ability to achieve defined targets and effectively monitor progress
• Possess excellent planning, organisational and coordinating skills
• The ability to work independently, with a positive and proactive attitude while possessing good social skills;
• Demonstrate the ability to take the lead in this specialist domain within MWH;
• Hold the ability to think and act innovatively within established parameters, frameworks and requirements;
• Excellent command of the Dutch language and the capability to report in a clear, structured manner.
We will give you every opportunity to perform effectively and to enhance your personal development in a dynamic, professional and informal working environment. Our organization offers sufficient scope for demonstrating own initiative and responsibility. Naturally, the terms and conditions of employment are competitive.
Our intention is to enter into a long-term working relationship, one that is fruitful to both you and the company.
Location (Hold Ctrl key to select more than one Location)
If you would like to learn more about this position at MWH, please contact Sanne van Empel, Business Unit Manager, telephone number: +31 (0)6 2296 6964.