|Job Ref:||11201BR||Employer:||MWH||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Country:||Netherlands||City:||Arnhem||Address:||Post Date:||07/10/2016 04:06|
Due to central government making higher demands on the market, the growing complexity of projects and the increasing intricacy of contracts (particularly in areas such as Infrastructure) MWH is searching for a Contract Management Adviser to assist our clients and enrich our expertise. This is a complex role, needing the right mix of experience, ingenuity and professionalism. The role holder will serve primarily as a trusted adviser, working with internal and external project teams on challenging infrastructural projects. The chosen candidate will be working closely with MWH clients, the majority of whom will be involved with the construction and management of both wet and dry infrastructure, such as the Directorate-General of Public Works and Water Management (Rijkswaterstaat) and the Port of Rotterdam. |
The ideal candidate will intuitively understand that Civil projects are unique, often complex implementation projects with a significant emphasis on engineering. Civil project contracts are drawn up in collaboration with the technical teams involved, the scope and reach of every contract requiring control and supervision, and hazard identification playing a central role of the Contract Management. The contract manager serves as the central contact point for the contracted provider, with contract management focused during the completion and management phase.
MWH is looking for a role holder who will not just fulfil but exceed all necessary duties within these task areas. Under the supervision of the contract manager the contract team will draw up the contract - including appendices, the scope and the safety file/plan. The role holder will act as a 'sparring partner' and confidant for the contract manager, with the ability and experience to supervise the specialist advisors as required. They will be able to take charge and lead consultation meetings to coordinate and reach agreement on content, whilst coordinating with and providing actionable intelligence to the contract manager and fellow team members. In all things the role holder will be an asset to MWH and a source of aid to our clients.
• Educated to a Research-Oriented Degree level
• A minimum of three years relevant work experience in contract management (preferably in infrastructural projects)
• Conversant with all current laws and regulations
• Knowledge and experience of quality management (including ISO 9001 and ISO 19011)
• Proven experience with System-Oriented Contract Management (SCOM)
• The ability to work independently, with a positive and proactive attitude while possessing good social skills;
• Demonstrate the capacity to take the lead in this specialist domain within MWH
• Hold the ability to think and act innovatively within established parameters, frameworks and requirements;
• Excellent command of the Dutch language and the capability to report in a clearly structured manner
• Relevant experience obtained at Rijkswaterstaat or the Port of Rotterdam would be an advantage
We will give you every opportunity to perform effectively and to enhance your personal development in a dynamic, professional and informal working environment. Our organization offers sufficient scope for demonstrating own initiative and responsibility. Naturally, the terms and conditions of employment are competitive.
Our intention is to enter into a long-term working relationship, one that is fruitful to both you and the company.
Location (Hold Ctrl key to select more than one Location)
If you would like to learn more about this position at MWH, please contact Sanne van Empel, Business Unit Manager, telephone number: +31 (0)6 2296 6964.