|Job Ref:||1046133||Employer:||KBR, Inc.||Country:||United Kingdom||Address:||Post Date:||08/10/2016 21:00|
Location: Aldershot |
Whether at home or overseas, in hostile or austere environments, KBR Government Services has considerable experience and a proven track record in delivering complex and wide-ranging Project Management and Project Delivery support solutions for cross-government agencies and entities. Our goal is to assist government in maintaining operational excellence; from making soldiers' lives better by providing them with the modern accommodation they deserve, to maintaining vital transport networks, to managing the world's largest energy programmes. We are world leaders in complex programme management, support services, logistics and training.
Every single one of our projects has a tailored and structured approach to Health & Safety, no matter what size or level of complexity. With health and safety at the very heart of our business, our aim is to be recognised as the safest contractor in the industry.
Our success is based upon the quality of our people. We are a strong organisation because we recruit the best talent from many different cultures, races and backgrounds. Our teams work closely with our customers to deliver real value to their projects and programmes and their local communities. Specific to our Aspire Defence Capital Works project, w e have developed a ... Project Controls ... Procurement .... Commercial Foundation Graduate program, designed to ease candidates into the world of work and give them the skills necessary to become part of our wider team; developing competencies in the discipline. This on project Foundation Graduate program develops Graduates understanding of the discipline live on one of the UKs major buildings and infrastructure project. Training is 'on the job' and graduates are embedded in delivery teams to develop core competencies of the discipline. Professionally accredited training is also provided by an externally recognised institution.
At the end of the graduateship, individuals will remain on this long term project until completion, however post completion a mobile, potentially international career is offered.
We are looking for team players who can think strategically and are confident about making difficult decisions. As this project is located in Aldershot and Salisbury Plain candidates from the local area would be preferred.
• Place purchase orders, including entering details on the system
• Set up of supplier accounts
• Assist Procurement Managers in the compilation of subcontract invitations to tender and subcontract documentation, including producing exceptions reports and documentation checks
• Assist in placing designated low risk/low value Subcontract packages, including the preparation and issue of Invitations to Tender and Subcontract documentation
• Obtain and collate miscellaneous documents relating to subcontract awards
• Collate and print subcontracts
• Scan signed subcontracts for archive purpose
• Assist in the development of and the running of status reports
• Provide support to other departments as directed by your line manager
• Ensure the implementation of the project procurement HSE plan and policy
• Undertake procurement activities in accordance with the project and company policies and adhere to legal obligations (such as the Code of Business Conduct)
• Undertake procurement activities in accordance with relevant procurement strategies to accord with the stated project procurement strategy and business plan
• Continually review package strategies and propose changes to the stated strategy as a result of market movements
• Assist in the development of package scope of works. Identify budgets and actively pursue cost savings/reductions in the supply chain (where appropriate) through negotiation techniques
• Plan and execute procurement activities in line with the procurement schedule
• Ensure the production of accurate reporting of relevant information, including commercial and that of potential or actual scope or schedule changes. All reports to be provided in accordance with project defined reporting plans.