|Job Ref:||EMP375009||Employer:||Matchtech Group plc.||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||New Malden||Address:||Salary:||£40,000 - £45,000/year||Post Date:||07/10/2016 21:29|
Our client are a major naval and commercial marine electronics manufacturer currently seeking an experienced software engineer to join them in their New Malden offices. This role would be suitable for an engineer with object orientated design experience in either C++ or C#|
Object Orientated design experience in C# or C++
- As a Software Engineer you will conduct full-lifecycle software development, primarily on a well-established range of marine navigation equipment, including marine radar displays and electronic chart based equipment.
- The software team does not work alone and providing technical assistance to stakeholders, both internal such as our hardware department and external such as customers is also part of the role.
- Occasionally you may be asked to travel to offsite locations for real world trials and supplier/customer meetings.
Technical/Job Specific Skills
You must be eligible for SC Security Clearance or BPSS and hold nationality of one of the following countries: NATO, EU, Australia, Japan, New Zealand, Switzerland. Dual nationality within these countries is also acceptable.
- 3-5 years software engineering experience, ideally in C#. Alternatively strong candidates with C++ or Java experience will be considered
- Proficient in developing and deploying on Microsoft Windows operating systems
- Full software development lifecycle experience
- Working with multi-threading applications
- Attention to detail
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Object Oriented Analysis and Design and UML
- Experience of developing large applications for the Windows desktop
- Kiosk application development
- Experience with peer reviews and a team culture
- Degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering or other numerate subject or equivalent other qualification
- Networking (TCP/IP, UDP, administration and security)
- Geospatial Information Systems (GIS), preferably in the marine domain