|Job Ref:||EMP374987||Employer:||Matchtech Group plc.||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Bristol||Address:||Post Code:||BS5||Salary:||£45,000 - £50,000/year||Post Date:||07/10/2016 21:29|
This is an immediate requirement for a Safety Engineer who has experience of creating safety cases for Software or Electronics products.|
A great opportunity has arisen for a Safety Engineer to work for a leading Electronics design company in the Bristol area. This Safety Engineer role will be working on a number of new software products being developed for both the Marine and Oil and Gas Markets.
The ideal candidate will have experience of writing safety cases, safety plans and fault tree analysis.
JOB DESCRIPTION & REQUIREMENTS
Responsibilities for this role
- To act as safety Subject Matter Expert (SME) to designated projects; supplying extensive knowledge for the development of real-time software and electronic systems in the sub-function of Safety Engineering;
- To plan and carry out safety management activities for project scope commensurate with applicable standards at the required Safety Integrity Level (SIL);
- Prepare safety and environmental arguments with cognisance to POSMS and POEMS
- Lead safety review meetings with safety stakeholders for purposes of Hazard Identification and Analysis (HIA) and safety / environmental risk reduction;
- Prepare and maintain equipment hazard logs and safety reports;
- Carry out functional failure analyses to determine hardware and system reliability;
- Carry out software and Programmable Electronic System (PES) assessments of process and documentation against applicable development standards;
- To lead the derivation, documentation and justification of safety requirements;
- To provide safety support to lifecycle review meetings and carry out reviews of engineering deliverable documents;
- To carry out internal and sub-contractor safety audits and support audits from an externally appointed Independent Safety Auditor (ISA).
Requirements for this role
- Qualified to degree level in an engineering discipline with significant experience in the development and justification of safety-related software systems;
- Experience of safety and reliability analyses to support physical and functional hazard assessments, risk reduction, determination of safety requirements and design safety justification;
- Experience in software development and verification, software lifecycle documentation, development and verification tools and appropriate measures for good practice to defence standards, IEC 61508 and / or DO-178C;
- Good understanding of: safety controls to ensure safety is inherent in design, an appreciation of human factors, environmental hazards, quality, requirements management, test and acceptance processes;
- Good planning, communications (including client-handling), organisational and co-ordination skills;
- Excellent PC skills (Excel, Word, Powerpoint, Project, Visio, DOORS, safety and reliability databases / tools).
- Experience of working in an Engineering sector like Nuclear, Oil & Gas, Defence, Aerospace or Marine
Due to the nature of the work at this site, applicants must be capable of achieving SC level UK security clearance. Current clearance is not a requirement.