the evolution of mobility
At Bombardier Aerospace, our employees work together to evolve mobility worldwide - one good idea at a time. If you have a good idea, we'll provide the environment where it will thrive and grow into a great product or customer experience. Your ideas are our fuel.
You will be part of the Product Development Engineering, Aerospace team where it all starts for Bombardier as it sets the stage to take full advantage of its investments and the tremendous growth potential of its new products. The organization is responsible for bringing new aircraft programs to their successful entry-into-service. Currently, these new products are the all-new CSeries commercial aircraft and the high-performance Global 7000/Global 8000 business jets.
We are proactively recruiting for eventual permanent positions
In your role, you will:
- Lead a large team of Aircraft Interiors Designers, Developers and supporting functions to provide quality engineering data sets to our Operations Team
- Lead the implementation of new processes/tools/data in order to ensure continuous improvement from an efficiency and quality perspective
- Achieving departmental performance objectives for Engineering
- Be fully accountable for the product your team designs throughout its lifetime by ensuring exceptional support to our Operations and Customer Service Teams;
- Interact with high net worth individuals or their representatives therefore carry the highest standards of professionalism
- Manage performance assessments (PMP) and talent development plans (PDP)
- Establish departmental deliverables in support of the department strategic plan, program milestone achievement and other initiatives as required
- Liaise/oversee timelines and schedules with cross-functional teams to ensure response time commitments are met and communicated
- Monitor, approve and control team budget and all related expenditures within given level of authority
- Drive alignment strategies between programs : engineering processes, resources, business development initiative, etc.
As our ideal candidate,
- You hold a university diploma in engineering and/or manufacturing and have (15) years' experience in the Aircraft Interiors industry with a minimum of 5 years in a management role;
- You are results oriented and have the ability to work under pressure in a fast, efficient environment with cross-functional teams;
- You can reach to a network of industry contacts and have an overall good understanding of emerging technologies on aircraft interiors to provide the very best product to our customers;
- You are able to analyze rapidly and can easily determine impacts on business at a higher level;:
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
Bombardier Aerospace is an equal opportunity employer and encourages women, Aboriginal people, persons with disabilities and members of visible minorities to apply.
Whether your candidacy is moving on to the next step of the hiring process or not, we will keep you informed by email or by phone.
Join us at NA
Your ideas move people.