|Job Ref:||PH1619||Employer:||Bombardier Inc.||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United States||County/State:||Connecticut||City:||Hartford||Address:||Post Date:||11/10/2016 22:02|
the evolution of mobility
At Bombardier Aerospace, our employees work together to evolve mobility worldwide - one good idea at a time. If you have a good idea, we'll provide the environment where it will thrive and grow into a great product or customer experience. Your ideas are our fuel.
Located at Bradley International Airport, Bombardier Business Aircraft's Hartford Service Centre offers a great place to learn from the best in business aviation. Established in February, 1981 as a 70,000 sq ft facility with a staff of 16, the facility now boasts 198,000 sq ft and over 235 dedicated employees. It is equipped to perform scheduled and unscheduled maintenance, modifications, including interior modifications, avionics installations, and Aircraft on Ground (AOG) support for Bombardier Learjet, Challenger and Global aircraft. The Service Centre has received certifications from FAA, EASA, Bermuda, Canada, Cayman Islands and Mexico. The facility has received 16 consecutive FAA Diamond Awards and is actively involved in the Hartford community, spearheading programs to create awareness about aviation maintenance among local students and to help close the gender gap in the industry.
In your role, you will:
• Responsible for the research and administration of program work packages.
• Monitors work in progress to identify possible schedule impact and plan accordingly for upcoming maintenance events.
• Research and administer special programs, may include programs such as warranty, Smart Parts, open delivery items
• Review financial summary for Proposal including pre-sale margin analysis
• Coordinate and establish downtime for maintenance events
• Work with customers for clarification of requirements to ensure customer expectations are met
• Assist in performing acceptability analysis based on current scheduling requirements and availability of resources
• Assist in creating project flow charts and other management tools in support of aircraft visit
• Determine resource availability, such as tools, facility capacity, components, or labor hours, coordinating with resource providers on issues which could potentially impact the Master Schedule
• Assemble aircraft work packages in a logical efficient manner including identification of material, tooling, and manpower requirements prior to scheduled induction
• Attend customer debrief (or pre-induct) prior to aircraft arrival as required
• Input data into systems as required
• Maintain and assist in development of aircraft model specific technical information, for example airframe, engine, avionics, and paint / interior
As our ideal candidate,
• You have at least 2 years experience in aircraft maintenance environment
• You have computer skills necessary to learn and/or operate word processing, spreadsheet, database, project, e-mail, and web-based applications
• You must be available to travel up to 10%
• You have interpersonal skills necessary to establish and maintain effective working relationships with co-workers, employees, customers, management and contractor
• You have analytical skills necessary to research, review and accommodate scheduling requirements
• You have planning and organizational skills necessary to prioritize and coordinate workload within a multiple project setting with rapidly changing priorities
• You have ability to work independently, as well as part of a team
• Ability to analyze risk and make sound business decisions
• You have a Bachelors degree in related field - preferred
• You have A&P Certificate or FCC License - preferred
• You have previous experience in aircraft maintenance planning and scheduling, proposal writing, and/or invoice analysis - preferred
• You have previous experience with SAP and/or Pivotal - preferred
• You have basic knowledge of applicable Federal Aviation Regulations, for example, part 91, 121, 135, and 145 - preferred
• You have basic knowledge of process for producing Airworthiness Directives - preferred
Bombardier is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) and is committed to creating a diverse environment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, age, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other personal characteristic protected by Federal, State, or Local Laws.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those under consideration will be contacted. Please continue to monitor our website and apply for additional positions for which you are qualified and may be of interest to you.
Your ideas move people.