|Job Ref:||DE01081CPM||Employer:||Interserve||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Telford||Address:||Post Code:||TF4||Post Date:||09/10/2016 00:06|
Hourly Rate Bands N/A Salaried/Hourly-Paid Salaried |
About the role
As a Community Programmes Manager for Interserve Healthcare you will have direct overall responsibility for managing the performance of two teams one of which is office based and the other field based clinical lead nurses. You will be responsible for delivering the necessary business targets, including compliance, profitability and business growth whilst working in accordance with both Company and regulatory policies and guidelines.
• To manage and supervise the activity of the Community Programmes Team (including Clinical Lead Nurses) to ensure the safe and comprehensive delivery of community programmes nationally.
• To manage the implementation of agreed quality standards within all Branches to ensure clinical compliance with both internal and external policy, procedure and legislation.
• To monitor and oversee performance against agreed standards and to proactively manage the development of services to close any identified gaps.
• To help increase profitability through improved service standards, working within current legislation and adhering to company policies.
• To contribute to the growth of the business & delivery of the company strategy by identifying development opportunities and working with colleagues across the business in the delivery of agreed development programmes.
• To participate in staff appraisal, staff development and company training activities.
• To mentor Clinical Lead Nurses and maintain a personal professional profile to assist in the delivery of best practice and reflective practice as recommended by the professional nursing body.
• To seek opportunities to develop business with existing clients and work with the wider IHC Business Development and Marketing resources to identify opportunities to win new business in their area of operation, whilst remaining in line with current contracts.
• To develop & maintain a positive and effective business relationship with Community Programme Clients to ensure effective working relationships undertaking regular meetings with existing clients to review the service & maximize opportunities for further growth.
• To ensure excellence in all aspects of service delivery for both new and existing services, ensuring services are delivered in accordance with client contracts and contractually agreed service level agreements.
• To ensure all case packages are subject to review to identify areas for service improvement by co-ordinating the activity of the Clinical Lead Nurse and Homecare Nurses team or dealing directly with individual cases as the need arises.
• To work in partnership with other health care providers associated with individual or general client needs to encourage good working relationships and quality outcomes.
The ideal candidate will be an experienced Registered Nurse with a current NMC PIN and post registration broad based Nursing experience ideally gained within IV Therapies. You should also have worked within a commercial environment and have significant experience of managing complex client relationships across a range of commercial settings.
You will have strong analytical, organisational and appropriate IT skills. You will have first class communication skills, be passionate about delivering excellent customer service and have the ability to influence and develop relations with colleagues across the business, wider Interserve and commissioners/ customer to deliver relevant goals.
This role will require frequent travel on a national basis and some overnight stays. You will also be required to be available to provide support out of hours as required.
Interserve Healthcare delivers specialist healthcare services to clients in their own homes and in healthcare establishments throughout the UK. We recruit Nurses, Healthcare Assistants and Support Workers on a national basis to deliver outstanding care and support to our ever-growing client base.
Interserve Healthcare is an Investors in Diversity accredited company & committed to equal opportunities for all.
What we can offer you:
• A competitive salary
• Generous holiday allowance - 25 days per year 8 bank holidays
• Childcare Voucher scheme - this is open to all employees
• Share scheme - a chance to purchase shares
• Save scheme - the opportunity to save money
• Pension scheme
• Exclusive employee staff discounts on high street retailers with "MyInterserve"
If you would like to apply for the above post and have the necessary skills, please contact NA attaching a copy of your current CV and a covering letter.
At Interserve Healthcare we are making the 6C's a reality, the Government's national campaign to promote and encourage compassion in care. Therefore, Interserve Healthcare seeks to employ people who are 'Caring, Compassionate, Competent, Courageous, Committed and great Communicators', whatever role they are applying for.