|Job Ref:||00016006||Employer:||Oxy||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United States||County/State:||Texas||City:||Houston||Address:||Post Date:||09/10/2016 01:01|
Occidental Petroleum Corporation (NYSE: OXY) is an international oil and gas exploration and production company, and its OxyChem subsidiary is a major North American chemical manufacturer. We are one of the largest U.S. oil and gas companies, based on equity market capitalization, with more than 40,000 employees and contractors worldwide. |
Our greatest asset has been and will continue to be our people. We are looking for an experienced and motivated individual to fill the position of Revenue Accountant based in Houston, TX.
This position is responsible for:
• Booking revenue and royalty payables for company operated and outside operated domestic oil and gas leases.
• Reconciling accounts receivable balances resulting from revenue bookings.
• Trend analyses and explanation of large swings in the revenue bookings.
• Interacting with other departments such as marketing accounting, production accounting, and the land department in order to ensure that the proper revenue is recorded each month.
• Periodically assisting the owner relations department with answering questions from 3rd parties.
• Bachelor's Degree in accounting (minimum 21 hours of accounting credit)
• Ability to communicate in a professional manner and establish effective working relationships with internal operations and external customers
• Ability to research and prepare analysis to respond to internal and external inquiries in a timely, professional and thorough manner
• Ability to multi-task several assignments simultaneously and establish job priorities
• Employ fundamental accounting skills: general ledger, accounts payable, accounts receivable and account reconciliations
• Initiative to consistently meet internal and external deadlines
• Proficient in Excel
• Overtime may be required
• 3-5 years oil and gas accounting experience with industry knowledge and terminology
• Oil & Gas revenue accounting experience
• Oracle Financial, P2ES, PGAS, TOW, and/or TIPS software application experience
• Oracle Discoverer query tool experience
Oxy is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Individual with Disability/Veteran Status