|Job Ref:||CA_34259||Employer:||Carillion plc||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Cosham||Address:||Post Code:||PO6||Post Date:||27/10/2016 01:04|
Purpose of Role
Senior Quantity Surveyor required to support with the delivery of Portsmouth Hospitals NHS Trust contract.
The post holder will also:
• commercially manage Sub-contractors for Maintenance, Small Works and Lifecycle Works.
• manage Maintenance Sub-contract renewals.
• commercially manage Small Works projects.
• provide commercial and contractual support to the Estates Team and to the internal Finance Team.
• identify risks and opportunities and evaluation of options.
• ensure compliance with the Integrated Management System and support with valuation of insurance claims.
To build and maintain effective and supportive working relationship with members of the team and colleagues both within Carillion Services, Portsmouth Hospitals NHS Trust and the Hospital Company.
To work as part of the integrated Facilities Management team, to provide a high quality estates service.
To carry out the following sub-contract Management:
1. Liaison with Supply Chain Management.
9. Final Accounts.
To carry out the following Small Works tasks:
1. Schedule of Rates pricing.
2. Management of Client Orders.
3. Purchase Orders.
To liaise with Technical Managers regarding Risk Management.
To prepare accurate and prudent cost / value reconciliations.
To verify and agree sundry accounts.
To carry out drafting of contractual correspondence.
To ensure maintenance of good quality and accurate records.
To obtain maintenance cost information.
To support the Estates Team as required
To comply with and support the delivery of Health & Safety policy and standards.
To carry out other duties within agreed competencies.
To promote a culture of customer service and the meeting of Carillion Values.
To assist Supply Chain Management in the prequalification and procurement of major suppliers/sub-
To ensure the effective performance management and development of direct reports.
Additional Role Information
• 25 days annual leave + 8 bank holidays with the opportunity to buy more holidays once you have been with a for a short while
• BUPA Healthcare Insurance (single cover with option to 'trade up' to cover your family)
• Pension Plan
• Carillion 'Thank You' Scheme, which offers flexible, tax efficient benefits such as child care vouchers, cycle to work scheme & discounts on high street brands