Purpose of Role
To lead the development, management and implementation of an internal communications strategy and plan which supports the fulfilment of Carillion’s strategic objectives and which enhances the reputation and profile of the brand amongst key internal stakeholders.
To ensure that all communications work is delivered effectively and efficiently to a high standard, using appropriate KPI’s to measure progress, and within the agreed budget
Working with Construction Services UK, Services UK and our International operations in Canada and Caribbean and MENA to ensure an aligned approach for all Carillion wide employee communication.
To build up in-depth knowledge and awareness of key developments Carillion wide and apply this to help with the development of the pan-Carillion comms and brand strategy.
- Develop and deliver the internal communications strategy for Carillion Group work to support the company-wide and functional and goals and objectives;
- Advise on all Group-wide communications to help decide what should be communicated, when and how;
- Act as key custodian of the Values, ensuring these are fully reflected through all internal communications;
- Co-ordinate, facilitate and monitor communication feedback at department, site and central levels and use this to support the development of the internal comms strategy;
- Support and advise the Carillion HR function on internal communications activities to help enhance employee engagement across Carillion (includes successful communications delivery of Your Say);
- Manage specific communications projects as directed by developing communications plans and campaigns to promote and support projects and activities internally to colleagues;
- Co-ordinate most of the day-to-day internal communications activities for Carillion Group:
- Responsible for developing employee engagement and the culture of Carillion from an internal communications perspective
- Responsible for the delivery, process and development of the Carillion-wide internal communications channels
- Responsible for managing and/or approving Carillion-wide employee literature
- Project manage Carillion senior management conferences and significant internal events
- Manage the internal communications of central functions e.g. Health & Safety, Sustainability and Values programmes
- Provide content and direction for on-line channels for Group internal comms activities
- Manage employee communications research and evaluation activity
- Provide support to our businesses and contracts to ensure an aligned approach for all Carillion-wide employee communication
- Build and maintain relationships across the Company to ensure awareness and commitment from all stakeholders;
- Support all aspects of Health & Safety and always considers SHE when planning and organising projects and events
- Support internal delivery of the Group Sustainability marketing & communications plan;
- To act as the communications ‘account manager’ for Construction Services UK, Services UK, Canada and the Caribbean and MENA: to be a first-point of contact for communications support and expertise to enable the businesses to access the corporate communications resources most effectively;
Additional Role Information
The ideal applicant will have worked in a large complexed organisation with a diverse group of employees and will have direct line management experience.
In return we offer:
• Reward car/car allowance & fuel card
• 26 days annual leave + 8 bank holidays with the opportunity to buy more holidays once you have been with a for a short while
• BUPA Healthcare Insurance – Family cover
• Carillion Pension Plan
• Carillion 'Thank You' Scheme, which offers flexible, tax efficient benefits such as child care vouchers, cycle to work scheme & discounts on high street brands
• Eligible for Company Bonus Scheme