|Job Ref:||204382877||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Construction||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||North West||Address:||Salary:||£18000 - £22000/annum Company Vehicle & Overtime||Post Date:||08/10/2016 03:45|
Installations Technician - Midlands - ST4 7QD|
Our illustrious client is the leading supplier of products and services to the UK Petroleum Industry.
They believe strongly in growing their employees and providing excellent career opportunities.
Due to business expansion they currently have an exciting opportunity for an Installation Technician based in the Midlands area close to main arterial routes.
The role will involve extensive travel throughout the UK
The ideal candidate must be prepared to work away from home (this will be on a very regular basis), have a full UK driving licence and be prepared to work as part of a team.
Must have good communication qualities with a basic understanding of IT, including email.
The installation team currently have a heavy workload and a lot of travelling/overnight stays therefore flexibility is imperative, at present the team are earning high levels of overtime due to this.
•Work as part of the Installations team undertaking general pipework, electrical and building duties.
• General Building & Labouring duties e.g. digging out, breaking out, kerb laying, preparing and mixing concrete
• General pipework, setting out installation and testing
• General electrical work, installation, repairs, testing under the direction of the NICEIC Qualifying Supervisor.
• Assist in Installation tasks including storage tank installations, petroleum installs and commercial equipment installations
• Demonstrate safe working practices at all times, adhering to H&S legislation and Company H&S rules and procedures
• NICEIC Compliance
• Other duties as required
Skills & Abilities Required (Essential):
Building / Pipework / Electrical qualification or relevant experience in one or more of these disciplines
•Good communication skills
•Some knowledge of engineering practices
•Flexible approach to work including travel and hours (the role will involve working away from home on a regular basis and frequent overnight stays)
•Full current UK driving licence
•UKPIA (within 1 month of commencing role)
Skills & Abilities Required (Desirable):
•Polyethylene Pipework Systems
•Steel Pipework Systems
•NICEIC Hazardous Area Training Modules
Full training and career development for the right candidate. £18,000 to £22,000(dependant on experience and qualifications) + overtime + company van