|Job Ref:||204387335||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Warwickshire||City:||Warwickshire||Address:||Post Code:||B49||Salary:||£55000 - £68000/annum Bonus, pension||Post Date:||09/10/2016 02:07|
Medical Devices R&D Engineering Director (Mechanical, Electronics, Software)|
To £68k + benefits
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a fast growing, innovative, high technology medical devices company, developing an advanced system for use both in the home and in medical centres that will significantly improve the quality of life of the patients involved. The product is unique and set to make a significant impact on a multibillion-dollar global market.
The Director, Systems Engineering is responsible for defining and implementing a system control design that meets the needs of the risk management plan and associated commercial needs. The Director will provide technical expertise to projects involving Systems (Electrical, Software, and Mechanical) architecture, integration and V&V. This position requires experience with ISO 13485, 21 CFR 820, ISO 14971 compliance with emphasis on electromechanical and software design and validation.
The successful candidate will be a strong strategic yet hands-on professional with a track record of achievement gained in System Development of Medical Device or In Vitro Diagnostic (IVD) equipment.
• Master in Science or PhD (Biomedical, Physics, Software etc) or equivalent by experience;
• Extensive experience in product development involving all major disciplines (Mechanics, Electronics, Software, Physics);
• Experience managing system design, development and verification of complex life critical systems
• Proven track record of shipping complex medical systems for worldwide deployment
• R&D experience in dialysis platforms is an advantage
• Knowledge of quality and compliance standards for development of electromechanical systems that comply with EN60601
• Proficiency in English (orally and written communication).
• Solid analytical and problem solving skills with eye for detail to assess the impact of variables on system.
• Sense of urgency and achievement with a strong customer focus.
• Strong communicator with the ability to ability to challenge ideas, issues and people and the ability to get things done in collaboration with a multitude of stakeholders within and outside the company.
• Inspirational leader with experience in managing, engaging and coaching a team and bringing them to a higher level of performance.
• Entrepreneurial, hands-on mindset with ability to act with speed and pragmatism even under pressure.
• This an outstanding opportunity for a R&D professional to lead the System Development function for truly innovative treatment system targeted for In-Centre and Home use.
• Joining a company with solid business model based on ground-breaking technology that address a growing medical need
• You will have a significant impact on the success and value growth of an inspirational business story in a fast-growing, entrepreneurial environment.
• Become part of a promising story and an ambitious vision, shared by an enthusiastic team of highly skilled professionals from various backgrounds and led by an inspirational Leadership team committed to bringing the organization to the "next level