|Job Ref:||204418784||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Warwickshire||City:||Royal Leamington Spa||Address:||Salary:||£38000 - £45000/annum To be discussed at interview||Post Date:||09/10/2016 02:09|
We are looking to appoint an experienced Project Quality Engineer for our client, an automotive manufacturer of plastic moulded safety critical components. |
Expiry date 30/08/16
Job Role: As Project Quality Engineer you will working within the Quality department & be responsible for Quality engineering of new products for key customers utilising the APQP process. You will be an experienced automotive Quality Engineer with prior & proven skills in PPAP, APQP, DFMEA & PFMEA, 8D, R&R studies, PSW and project timing plans. This is a great opportunity further to company group expansion and securing new business with key automotive OEM's, and will suit applicants who have proven experience as a Quality Engineer, Senior Quality Engineer, Resident Quality Engineer or Quality biased Quality Engineer.
• Preparation of customer APQP files
• Update and Maintain internal gateway system status
• Preparation of customer and supplier measurement plans
• Validate tolerance chain calculations generated by Engineering and approve tolerances
• Create and obtain approval for measurement gauge concept and Squeak and rattle rig
• Plan and manage measurement activities during pre-series
• Key DFMEA and PFMEA team member
• Generate and update Control and Reaction Plans
• Ensure that significant and critical characteristics are established in partnership with Engineering and the customer
• Statistical analysis of measurements results from capability studies and produce reports.
• Work with Production Engineering and liaise with Programme Management during and following analysis to enable process development
• Ensure that timing for quality milestones and activities fits within Project timing plan
• Co-ordination of new gauge fixture measurement system analysis including calculations (R&R studies): including timing plan
• Prepare and support Customer Cubing events and internal slow builds activities
• Co-ordinate obtaining fit and finish approval from customer.
• Co-ordinate obtaining colour and grain approval from customer.
• Co-ordinate obtaining master samples from customer.
• Ensure part validation and preparation of build submission warrants during pre-series
• Experience and application of Issue Management from an internal and customer perspective: PQM's, AIM's and including approval of 8D's until SOP +3 months
• Manage Customer Process Series Event: Process audit and run at rate
• Review D & PVP content before PPAP / PSW submission
• Preparation of PPAP / PSW package on customer agreed format
• ONC in engineering or relevant experience in an Engineering discipline
Skills & Experience:
• PSW Submission Delivery
• QS9000 APQP process
• Ability to work on own initiative
• Proven communication skills
• Good literacy & numeracy skills
• Persistent with a good eye for detail
• Understanding of Control plans, measurement method, data collection and interpretation using statistical tools.
• Measurement System Analysis concepts
• 8D fully mastered
• Automotive experience an advantage
Key Words: automotive, "injection moulding", "foam moulding", "quality engineer", "senior quality engineer", "project engineer", "resident engineer", "APQP Engineer"
Due to the sheer volume of applications we receive, we will only contact successful applications. Therefore if you have not heard from us within 10 working days please deem your application as unsuccessful.
Candidates must be eligible to work and live in the UK
LawsonKeys - 2016 Recruitment Sponsor to PRW
Technical Engineering & Manufacturing Recruitment Specialist - Plastics & Packaging
"LawsonKeys Ltd are acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy. In compliance with the new regulations (April 2004) in place under the Employment Agencies Act, LawsonKeys Ltd will require proof of identification. A current copy of a passport, driving licence, ID card or NI card will be required as part of the registration process. Email and faxed copies are acceptable".
LawsonKeys has been designed to project manage the mechanics of all aspects concerning the recruitment processes, implementing a simple and succinct method for targeting and introducing bona fide and skilled candidates to reputable clients and potential employers.
If this advertised position does not interest you, please consider our other opportunities by sending your updated CV outlining your achievements and your personal requisites, ie salary, location, job roles