|Job Ref:||204645521||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Construction||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Oxfordshire||City:||Oxfordshire||Address:||Post Code:||OX18||Post Date:||09/10/2016 03:02|
Are you seeking a role where you are focussed on building a region by seeking new customers and identifying new business opportunities? If you are we have the ideal opportunity for you!|
We are retained by one of Europe's leading manufacturers of TIMBER AND PANEL PRODUCTS who due to continued success in the UK market place are seeking to recruit a professional KEY ACCOUNT MANAGER.
Our Clients products are very high quality whilst being competitively priced. They are therefore seeking a Candidate who is able to capitalise on their success to date and further develop their business in the UK.
The role will be predominantly building relationships with Buying Groups, Merchants etc by targeting specific project requirements with them and offering product, sales and technical support gaining product usage.
• Develop a meaningful strategy for your named/new accounts which adds value:
• Identify products and solutions that will enable them to achieve their business objectives;
• Understand their business, market needs and environmental requirements;
• Help them to exploit market opportunities and, where possible, to identify new business challenges;
• Take full ownership for all aspects of The Clients dealings with the account.
• Establish strong working relationships with the key decision makers in the customer's organisation at a head office/senior level.
• Identify and manage any stock or pricing issues to achieve a successful conclusion.
• Act as The Clients main point of contact for independent merchant enquiries
• Buying Groups/Societies/Sheds
• Establish strong working relationships with key personnel in Buying Groups.
• Negotiate and update all pricing agreements.
• Review all Buying Group, Societies and Shed agreements and identify new opportunities
• Research market opportunities within the Merchant sector, and determine the profitable growth areas.
• Develop new clients in the merchant sector, in line with the Merchant strategy.
• Create a merchant selling proposition that stands The Client out from competitors, using input from the Merchant team and wider The Client business
• Provision of timely, accurate and useful information/reports on a regular basis on forecast sales, performance and proposed activities for any shortfall accounts.
• Effective communication to and liaison with all relevant areas of the business (Core Sales, Marketing, Trading, Credit Control, Purchasing, Operations)
Knowledge, skills and experience:
• A sales background demonstrating strong product knowledge and an understanding of the sector and customer needs
• Strong negotiation skills and proven ability to recognise and successfully convert opportunities into profitable sales
• Strong planning, organisation and evaluating skills
• Ability to analyse information, develop options and providing solutions that meet client needs and satisfactorily deal with any issues or problems
• Customer focused, results driven and tenacious
• Self motivated with the ability to work with a minimum of supervision
• Highly effective communication and presentation skills necessary to gain credibility both with customers, and with key product and service providers within The Client
• IT literate
• Good level of numeracy
• Excellent team working skills
• A current UK driving licence
Salary Negotiable basic dependent upon experience + excellent results driven rewards
Benefits Car, Laptop, Mobile etc