|Job Ref:||204645551||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||County Durham||City:||Shotton||Address:||Post Code:||CH5||Salary:||£20000 - £25000/annum||Post Date:||10/10/2016 16:55|
Our client are a successful design and manufacturing company who provide a range of services and products for the retail and commercial sectors. Due to business demands they require a Design Engineer to strengthen the existing team. The role would suit a recently qualified Design Engineer who wishes to pursue a career in design, or an experienced design engineer with 2-5 years experience in a similar role.|
Design Engineer - Main Duties and Responsibilities
• To produce detailed drawings, 3D models and information to allow efficient production, accurate costing data and instructions to allow manufacture of items both internally and externally via sub-contractors.
• To produce information, images, reports, presentations and technical data to support sales. This is more likely to be in the form of 3D rendered images but may also require information presented in, PowerPoint, spreadsheets, photographs and sketches.
• Web site support.
• Design and innovation.
• Project supervision and timeline management.
• Problem solving.
• Recording, filing and organising data.
• Technical and sourcing support to assist purchasing.
• Primary role of the design engineer is the drawing of items and presentation of information for both production and sales.
• The role will add detail design to original concept ideas to provide practical solutions.
• The company's client list is largely retail based, however there may be other market sectors that will require attention as the company seeks to expand its customer base.
• The role will be mainly office based, but will involve visits to sites, customers and suppliers with occasional overnight stays.
• The design engineer will be involved in gathering information and communicating across all levels of the business, and across the supply and sub-contract base, therefore good communication skills and personal drive are essential.
• The design engineer will be required to present ideas, images and concepts to clients, suppliers and to internal groups.
• Candidates will be required to have a good working knowledge of one or more of the following packages:
o Solid Works
o Auto Cad
o Aplha Cam
• A good working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint is essential.
• Experience of working in a similar role within a retail environment or for retail clients would be an advantage but not essential.
• Hold a recognised qualification in Mechanical Engineering (Degree, HNC, HND)
• Self-motivated and have the drive and commitment to follow projects to conclusion.
• Excellent communication skills and adapt their style to suit the situation and recipient.
• The candidate is expected to stay up to date with industry developments.
Hours - 40 hours per week - Monday to Friday 8.30am to 5.00pm
Holiday Entitlement - 22 days plus 8 Bank Holidays
GEM Partnership are operating as an employment agency on behalf of our client