|Job Ref:||204645747||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Hertfordshire||City:||Letchworth||Address:||Salary:||£26000/annum||Post Date:||09/10/2016 02:19|
Purpose of the role:|
Responsible for co-ordinating the Test section; including test, repair, validation and calibration of production products and customer returns to serve the business needs and objectives of the Company.
Duties & responsibilities: -
• Generate work plans and/or order's due reports as needed using the Priority ERP software to determine the Test cell's work load.
• Plan and co-ordinate the Test team to satisfy the requirements of the work plan and order's due report; delegating and controlling jobs through the test technicians as necessary to achieve production delivery targets.
• Work in conjunction with the Production Supervisor and Calibration Administrator to ensure all delivery targets are hit. Providing information on any issues, order progress etc.
• Test, inspect, calibrate and/or validate IMC electronic and electrical products (end-of-line production and customer returns) in accordance with controlled procedures.
• Test, fault-find and repair production and customer return failures; diagnosing faults from component level through to finished product.
• Maintain customer return Service Calls; making sure calls are closed with 'detail of malfunction' information provided (customer problem - malfunction - resolution).
• General soldering (lead free) skills, understanding the relevant IPC standards.
• Attend the daily dispatch meeting; representing & reporting the Test function.
• Provide first level support and training for the Test team.
• Provide technical expertise and product knowledge in testing, fault finding and product knowledge.
• Make sure all existing work and test instructions are up-to-date. Edit these as necessary and develop new test processes and write relevant procedures as required.
• Assist with new product validation, as part of the product development process for Engineering and/or delegation thereof.
• Limit the effect of work done in the Test cell on any other test or calibration processes (i.e. radio transmissions).
• Provide first-line support for production test and calibration.
• Provide second-line technical support to the customer service and on-site teams.
• Cover any absenteeism and/or busy periods on test and/or calibration.
• Assist the Production Manager with recruitment, appraisals and disciplinary procedures.
• Feedback any relevant information to the Production Manager to assist the management of Production, Test and Calibration.
• Maintain accurate results records (hand written and PC-based).
• Accurately record and communication company and product data to the Quality Management System standards.
• Maintain acceptable housekeeping standards to ensure an organised, clean & safe working environment for all employees.
• Comply with all health and safety requirements as stipulated within standard operating procedures & company procedures.
• Identification of & reporting process improvement opportunities.
• Involvement/participation in team projects & process improvement initiatives e.g. Continuous Improvement.
• Any other duties deemed necessary for the benefit of the company by management.
Knowledge, skills & experience required (Essential): -
• Possess a nationally recognised qualification in an electronic discipline such as HNC, Modern Apprenticeship or a similar technical qualification, or should have strong, proven technical skills gained through relevant experience.
• Prior experience of working within a similar small to medium volume electronics manufacturing environment (minimum of 1 year).
• Proven background in troubleshooting, testing, assembly & dis-assembly of electro-mechanical assemblies.
• Experience of fault-finding down to analogue and digital component level; for finished product, sub-assembly and PCB assembly.
• Proficient in the use of multi-meters, oscilloscopes, waveform/function generators and other general instruments.
• Ability to co-ordinate and motivate a team (between 1 and 5 Technicians).
• P.C. literate on Windows-based applications and operating systems; able to use Microsoft Word and Excel.
• Ability to follow formal procedures, interpret written work instructions, read Engineering schematics, circuit diagrams and layout drawings.
• Knowledge and application of company procedures & product quality standards.
• Basic soldering skills with good all round knowledge of IPC standards.
Knowledge, skills & experience required (Desirable): -
• Test of temperature, humidity and vibration/shock monitoring equipment.
• Use of accurate calibration equipment such as temperature cyclers and dry-clocks.
• Working with wireless radio/telemetry communication equipment.
• Using PC-based Engineering Resource Planning (ERP) stock system.
• Using be-spoke Windows-based product and calibration application PC software.
Personal Skills: -
• Reliable and motivated with a positive and flexible approach to work.
• Good interpersonal, communication and literacy skills.
• Well organised and accurate, with the ability to multi-task, accurately plan your workload and meet deadlines.
• Enjoyment of team working, but also happy to work alone for long periods.
• Happy to do routine repetitive tasks as required.
• Re-active and proactive, and happy to take ownership of problems.
• Willingness to learn and interest in continuing professional development.
Note - A new employee would not initially be expected to possess all the above attributes. However, they would be expected, with adequate training, to achieve the majority of them within a reasonable time scale.
• Staff, salaried position.
• Dayshift operations.
• A standard working week is 37.5 hours.
• Start time no earlier than 7:30am and finish time no later than 6pm. Lunch 0.5 hour.
• Working hours may change with reasonable notice to suit the needs of the business. All employees will be given reasonable notification of changes to shifts or working hours