|Job Ref:||204646007||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Construction||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Cork||Address:||Salary:||£34100 - £42600/annum||Post Date:||09/10/2016 03:02|
Vacancy: Environmental Clerk of Works|
Location: West Cork
Salary: Neg. depending on experience
3DPersonnel's client is has been established since the early1960's with a turnover in excess of €400 Million, through-out this time they have gained a vast amount of experience within several sectors of the Irish construction market these include:
* Civil engineering
* Residential developments
* Commercial resource recovery
3DPersonnel's client is currently seeking to recruit an experienced Environmental Clerk of Works to undertake projects in the west Cork area. The successful candidate will have experience within wind farms or heavy civils within peat lands (3yrs+). The successful candidate will undertake an 18 month long project in Ballyvourney Co. Cork.
Some the responsibilities will include:
* The Construction Environmental Manager (CEM) for the project is on site at all times during the Works. The Environmental Manager shall be responsible for ensuring that all environmental management systems associated with the development are fully implemented and maintained.
* The Construction Environmental Manager (CEM) for the project, will be responsible for the development of the CEMP and arising procedures and documents
* The CEM shall be responsible for ensuring that site procedures are implemented, that records are maintained as required and that construction staff have appropriate training and competence for implementing their CEMP functions.
* The Construction Environmental Manager (CEM) shall be responsible for the implementation of the plan, record keeping, and maintenance of mitigation measures, Contractor's site environmental auditing and Contractor's site environmental work permits.
* Producing Method Statements that shall include Safety Method Statements, Environmental Method Statements and Technical Method Statements as required by the Employer's Requirements.
* Maintain records of environmental exceedances and mitigation measures implemented during the Works and shall be made available on a weekly basis to the Engineer.
* The Environmental Manager shall be empowered to halt works where he/she considers that continuation of the works are likely to result in a significant pollution or siltation incident. In the event of a water pollution incident on-site works shall cease until authorised to continue by the relevant statutory authority