|Job Ref:||204646905||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Thirsk||Address:||Post Code:||YO7||Salary:||£50000 - £65000/annum package||Post Date:||09/10/2016 02:20|
My client is a leading international consultancy providing a range of aviation support services to help airports and developers. |
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a hardworking Head of Engineering on a permanent basis due to company growth. As the Head of Engineering you will be responsible to the Chief Operating Officer for the delivery of the company's engineering projects.
Your duties are but not limited to:
- Holding responsibility for oversight and delivery across engineering services domain
- In consultation with the Project Manager, allocated and manage resource within the engineering team, to meet customer requirements and timescales to the maximum extent practicable
- Define, generate, Validate and verify, engineering requirements from project inception through to competition
- Liaison with the customer, develop requirements documentation and tender specifications for Communication, Navigation and Surveillance (CNS) systems.
- Design, specify and sign -off (System Design Authority) innovative CNS, information system and supporting infrastructure solutions
- Develop business opportunities through relationships and preparation of tender submissions and proposals
- Attend customer premises to provide on-site guidance, support and expertise during project tasks and meetings.
- International travel is required in line with customer requirements
To be considered for the role of Head of Engineering you must have:
- A high level of knowledge in current trends and technologies within the Air Traffic Management (ATM) domain
- A good understanding of relevant regulations is also essential for the conduct of the role
- A degree in a relative field or hold equivalent experience with demonstrable understanding of systems engineering.
- Experience of management applications such as DOORS and CRADLE ect
- Currently or seeking to attain Chartered Engineer status
- Demonstrable experience in a customer facing roles
Although not essential previous experience within CNS and Air Traffic Control environment would be an advantage
Additional Keywords: Head of Engineering, Engineering Manager, Manager, Principal Engineer, Engineer, Systems Engineer, Systems Engineering, Engineering, Aviation, Consultant, Consultancy, CNS, DOORS, CRADLE, Airport, Airports, ATM, Communication, Navigation, Surveillance, Chartered Engineer and Chartered