|Job Ref:||204646956||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Nottinghamshire||City:||Nottingham||Address:||Post Code:||NG7||Salary:||£35000 - £45000/annum Pension Scheme, 22 Days Holiday, Poo||Post Date:||08/10/2016 04:08|
Our client, a leading supplier of managed IT service solutions and products, is looking for a Solutions Architect to operate in a key position within their Infrastructure Services Team (`IS Team`). You will be ensuring that their infrastructure services proposition is developed as a leading-edge solution for our clients. The role contributes directly to the achievement of their sales targets and their profile and visibility as a premium provider of IT services.|
This role requires strong technical knowledge, a good business brain, good interpersonal skills, and an ability to motivate and manage others through the bidding cycle and implementation of infrastructure projects. You will also need to be able to handle the `day-to-day` work as well as the `big picture`.
The ideal candidate will have a demonstrable track record of infrastructure solutions design and delivery, project planning and documentation, excellent market knowledge, with a strong emphasis on the education marketplace.
Your key purpose will to work with the Operations Manager to:
- Design and develop the company`s infrastructure services proposition, including supporting the sales team to increase infrastructure services sales.
- Be responsible for all technical aspects of the Infrastructure sales cycle, from initial Pre-sales discussions, solution design, pricing and proposals through to the implementation of these projects and hand-over to the Infrastructure support department.
- Resolve 3rd line Infrastructure support issues when escalated through the correct procedures and prioritised in-line with Pre-sales and Project Delivery activities.
Key skills and experience:
- Significant knowledge of infrastructure services hardware and software including Servers, Storage, Networking, Wireless, Cloud etc.
- A proven track record of designing and delivering infrastructure solutions for SME.
- Experience of leading a team of engineers to deliver projects on time and in budget.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, enabling the candidate to prepare and present recommendations to senior management.
- Must be able to translate customer requirements into technical specifications.
- Ability to manage multiple projects concurrently and to work under pressure to meet tight time commitments.
- Ability to build and maintain collaborative working relationships with Information Technology and Sales/Business personnel - both customers and in-house.
- Up to date Microsoft Server Qualifications
- Virtualisation qualifications
- SAN specific qualifications
- Prince2 qualifications
- Specific Microsoft technology qualifications
- Proven experience of project management
- Strong financial management experience.
- Strong contractual management experience
- Strong ITIL understanding