|Job Ref:||204644961||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Bristol||Address:||Post Code:||BS5||Salary:||£40000 - £46000/annum||Post Date:||09/10/2016 02:20|
Job Title: Software Team Lead|
Salary: £40,000 - £46,000 per annum
All applications to: (url removed)
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Software Team Lead to join a Software and Engineering company based in Bristol.
- Responsible for the technical planning of the design, development and test of software within the Enforcement Systems Portfolio
- Work closely with the Enforcement Systems Portfolio Manager in a way that they remain fully appraised at all times of any relevant issues
The successful candidate will:
- Plan releases of software suite to include planning the content of each release and the timescales required, allowing sufficient time for design, development and test,
- Managing the release of software for testing, production and delivery,
- Ensuring the required level of quality is maintained and that the releases are carried out on time,
- Engage with and motivate the development team to implement effective approaches for each phase of the development lifecycle
- Manage the day-to-day activities of the development team putting in place suitable mechanisms for monitoring and reporting on progress and for dealing with issues arising,
- Establish a close working relationship with the Support and Services Escalation Manager to ensure that issues raised in the field are prioritised and addressed appropriately,
- Work with the SSP Test Manager to ensure that formal testing is planned and executed appropriate
Operational Standards and Objectives:
- Work complies with the Company Management System and the Company Quality System,
- Carry out work to customer satifisfaction and attract customer complaint,
- Work is presented in the Company format unless specifically directed otherwise in recorded instructions,
- Good relations are maintained with all co-workers, whether within or external to the company,
- Comply with the provisions of the Health and Safety legislation to assist in the maintenance of a safe workplace,
- Provide all inputs to plans and deliverables in line with agreed formats and schedules,
- Dress and act at all times in a professional manner to project a positive and successful corporate image,
- Contribute to professional exchanges and develop the corporate expertise in software development activities,
- Maintain contacts with professional bodies and institutions as appropriate
- First degree level (or equivalent) in a software related discipline or significant industry experience in a directly relevant field
- A proven track record of successful team leadership of a software team (3 years+), through the full lifecycle of requirements capture, design, development, delivery and support,
- Experience of release and configuration management of a distributed software capability
- Experience gained within the transport and enforcement domains would be an advantage
- Ability to communicate at all levels (E),
- Capable of managing medium sized software developments with potentially multiple branches (E),
- Software team leadership (E),
- Experience of the full software project lifecycle (requirements, design, develop, test, deliver) (E),
- Experience of delivery of software upgrades/ amendments to existing software/ regression testing (E),
- Experience of Agile and Waterfall development methodologies (E),
- Experience of DevOps (D),
- Windows Embedded experience (D),
- Software development involving integration with bespoke hardware (D),
- Competent user of MS Office packages (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) (E),
- Experience of working to quality standards (E)
- Good communicator (presentation skills, reporting).
- Able to quickly gain respect for sound technical judgement from the direct team and internal customers.
- Team worker.
- Flexible (prepared to support multiple requirements at the same time and to refocus effort at short notice).
- Adaptable (not restricted to a specialised field but prepared to develop into new technical areas).
- Able to work to agreed deadlines and deliver to specified quality standards.
- Be able to set and maintain high personal standards and encourage staff to do likewise by setting a good example at all times.
- Be ambitious and enthusiastic to pursue a rewarding career within the opportunities offered by an expanding company.
- Be prepared to work in the North Bristol area
- Have a valid current Passport
- Be eligible for a UK security clearance at least to SC level
- Be able to drive and have a current driving licence