|Job Ref:||204645080||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Construction||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||South Wales||Address:||Post Code:||CF3||Post Date:||09/10/2016 03:02|
Involve Recruitment is currently sourcing for a Quantity Surveyor for our National client who has a regional office in Cardiff Gate. |
This is an excellent opportunity for a motivated assistant quantity surveyor looking for their next step in their career ladder or a quantity surveyor looking to move to a National Contractor
Ideally you'll have experience in planned maintenance and new build with a sound knowledge of CVR, JCT and NEC.
You'll be reporting to the commercial director and will mentor the trainee q/s when at the office.
The successful candidate will have proven experience in the following areas:
• The ability to interface / interact with the Client and Contract Administrator in a professional manner
• Ensure administration of subcontracts is at all times optimised
• Negotiation skills
• Effective application of cost control procedures
• Provision of timely and accurate CVR's
• Participation in the Monthly Contract Review
• Production of External Client Valuations ensuring that recoverable VO value is captured and realised
• Effective management of cash
• Subcontract Procurement and management.
• Assisting the Central Procurement Department as required to provide take-offs and ensure accuracy of schedules for the purpose of order placement.
• Feedback on interim and final cost data to the Regional Estimating Team.
As a national contractor they are offering the ideal candidate a car allowance, BUPA Health Care, 26 day's holidays per year plus the Bank Holidays, life insurance and a company pension.
If you feel that this is a job for you, please call Jayne in all confidence on (Apply online only) for more information