|Job Ref:||204645169||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Contract||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Dorchester||Address:||Post Code:||DT1||Post Date:||09/10/2016 02:20|
Senior Civil Design Engineer Reference: CBS9JP00002446 Location: Winfrith Salary: £350 per day LTD Job Type: Contract Duration: 36 Months Contact details: Duncan Moran - Capita Resourcing is the strategic resourcing business within Capita plc. We are the chosen provider of agency workers and permanent recruitment for the Nuclear Decommissioning Authority (NDA) collaborative framework, across nuclear sites and offices UK wide. Scope of Post:|
The Reactors Engineering Team within the Decommissioning Programme provides engineering and design support to reactor decommissioning projects and other related projects carried out at Winfrith Site. The Reactors Engineering Team requires a Senior Civil Design Engineer within the team to provide this support.
The Senior Civil Design Engineer will plan and manage the delivery of design and engineering tasks and will lead areas of design, particularly areas relevant to their engineering discipline, from concept through to commissioning.
The Senior Civil Design Engineer will be required to act as an expert for their discipline which will include carrying out engineering assessments, providing general engineering support, and providing professional advice to the programme.
The main responsibilities include:
1 To act as a lead engineer for the civil discipline to set standards and provide professional advice. To hold relevant safety related positions for their discipline.
2 Lead large engineering design projects and manage associated technical interfaces from concept through to commissioning.
3 Manage specific design and engineering teams and co-ordinate with other Magnox engineers and engineering support contractors.
4 Manage designs during design preparation, verification, and subsequent procurement, manufacture, installation and commissioning.
5 Prepare procurement specifications for design and build contracts.
6 Manage the execution of design and build contracts and the technical integration of multiple contracts. This will require travel to design and build contractor premises (mainly in the UK).
7 Carry out supporting activities such as optioneering studies, technical assessments, engineering verification and reviews, and act as checker for engineering documentation prepared by others.
8 Ensure design and engineering work is compliant with Magnox management processes, current legislation and safety case requirements.
9 Provide technical and engineering advice and manage and/or support specific projects and engineering tasks.
Essential Qualifications, Knowledge and Expertise
* Qualified to degree level (or equivalent) in an engineering discipline, chartered and a member of an appropriate professional institution.
* Broad applied engineering background with at least 10 years relevant experience, preferably in nuclear decommissioning or an equivalent highly regulated industry, with at least 5 years relevant experience at a senior level.
* At least 5 years' experience of managing large engineering and design projects from concept through to commissioning to meet project time, cost and quality requirements, preferably in nuclear decommissioning and/or related engineering projects.
* Understanding of national engineering standards, Nuclear Site Licence conditions and Quality Management System requirements including Engineering Design Processes.
* Familiarity with HSE and CDM regulations, including CDM Principal Designer role, EA regulations, BS and Nuclear standards.
Desirable Qualifications, Knowledge and Expertise
* Good IT skills, preferably with familiarity of Microsoft Office.
* Good interpersonal skills
* Innovative, self-motivated and able to lead and work as part of a team.
The post holder must be competent to meet the requirements of the post. The post holder will be required to undertake any training and development activities to demonstrably meet competency requirements.
NuclearWorks welcomes applications from all suitably qualified people regardless of gender, race, disability, age or sexual orientation. NuclearWorks is a trading name of Capita Business Services Ltd. Services offered are those of an Employment Agency and Employment Business.
Capita Resourcing welcome applications from all suitably qualified people regardless of gender, race, disability, age or sexual orientation.
Capita Resourcing is a trading name of Capita Resourcing Ltd. Services offered are those of an Employment Agency and Employment Business. Applicants will be required to register with us