|Job Ref:||204645318||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Construction||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||London||City:||City of London||Address:||Post Code:||WC1A||Salary:||£65000 - £70000/annum Benefits Negotbiable||Post Date:||09/10/2016 03:02|
My client was founded in 1890, and is one of the UK's leading Building Services providers.
Based in Birmingham and London, the company specialises in the design and installation of heating, plumbing, ventilation, air conditioning and drainage solutions for the Hotel, Leisure, Residential, Student Accommodation and Commercial sectors nationally.
They provide a nationwide service from concept to final installation & maintenance while retaining the friendliness and mutual support and approach of a traditional family firm.
They invest heavily in the personal development and training needs of their people who we see as their greatest asset. They recruit Technical and Craft Apprentices every year and always encourage their talented staff to rise through the ranks. Two of their Directors started as Apprentices, while two of their Engineers were promoted from pipe fitters.
They pride themselves on their loyal workforce, with their employees having enjoyed an average of ten years' service with us.
They believe in being pro-active and progressive, constantly gaining early involvement at concept and design stages of new development and refurbishment projects with their partners which is the reason that 80% of their work is repeat business.
They have been in business for over 120 years, and have always delivered on time and within budget.
One of the many reasons why so many companies make them their first choice Building Services provider.
MECHANICAL BIASED QUANTITY SURVEYOR - LONDON BASED
Who we're looking for
Previous experience in Quantity Surveying, some of which should have been obtained within a relevant business environment and a valid CSCS card are required. Membership of a relevant professional body and/or relevant professional qualification is desirable, such as RICS/CIOB.
The following are essential requirements for the role:
* Sound working knowledge of construction and contract law and various forms of Conditions of Contract
* Detailed knowledge and understanding of tendering and procurement processes
* Knowledge of construction techniques on particular projects
* Ability to apply the knowledge and principles of commercial management to construction projects
* Working knowledge of basic plant, equipment and materials
* Knowledge and understanding of sub-contracting principles, together with the ability to draft and administer sub contracts
* Ability to implement procedures to quantify and cost construction works, including the use of appropriate standard methods of measurement
* Understanding of the requirements to provide and obtain Insurance, Bonds and Warranties
* Proficiency in administration, writing, numeracy, IT and MS Office
* Proven ability to work as part of a team and on own initiative
* Enthusiasm and results focus, together with an ability to work well under pressure and to tight deadlines
* Effective negotiation skills - both with internal and external customers
If this is of interest, please call or email JAMES EMERY on (Apply online only) or