|Job Ref:||204645322||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Clevedon||Address:||Post Code:||BS21||Salary:||£29000 - £33000/annum||Post Date:||09/10/2016 02:20|
Job Title: Mechanical Designer|
Sector: Engineering/Technical - Research & Development
Annual Salary: £29,000 - £33,000
All applications to - (url removed)
An exciting opportunity has arisen for 3 Mechanical Designers to join an established manufacturing company based in Clevedon. The business is highly innovative; customer focused and has grown rapidly over recent years. It offers all the advantages of a small pioneering niche company but backed up by the security and professionalism of a global company.
The role will be to provide design support for released products, developing design improvements, quality improvements, cost reduction and to provide support to production.
The successful candidate will:
- Prepare designs/drawings for products/components for fit, form and function so that the product operates effectively, reliably and safely
- Produce designs/drawings of products/components that can be manufactured efficiently and economically
- Ensure high quality designs and drawings are produced to the relevant standards
- Work within company processes and procedures
- Good understanding of Engineering Change processes, and appreciation of knock-on effect change has to other departments
- Delivery of quality information to allow the creation of Manuals, Spares lists, Bills of Materials and any other input required by 'customers' (i.e. including 'internal' customers - Operations, Purchasing etc)
- Develop an understanding of manufacturing methods and processes used by Edwards and ensure these are related to designs
- Work within timescales set by the Project Leader / Manager and communicate all issues or delays.
- Where required support any quality process improvement projects
- Work in a safe and effective manner in compliance with the Company's Health and Safety policy and ensure that the requirements of the Health and Safety at Work Act are met
An ideal Mechanical Designer will hold the following skills and experiences:
- Good Mechanically biased engineering degree or other engineering qualification depending on experience
- Minimum of 2 years experience in relevant design role
- Proficient in 3D CAD software, experience of using CATIA
- Knowledge of BS 8888
- Understanding of Piping and Instrumentation diagrams and system schematics is preferred
- Good design discipline and approach
- Good understanding of manufacturing processes, and being able to produce designs that are efficient and economical
- Good teamwork, customer/peer interaction and communication skills
- Should be self-managing and motivated
- Positive attitude and ability to work under pressure
- Previous experience of Product Data Management Software would be an advantage
- Overview knowledge of Gas Abatement / Exhaust Management, and/or the Semiconductor Industry and Edwards would be an advantage.
- Generate detailed designs from engineering specifications for a variety of Exhaust Management Systems. Minimum document set to be produced include:
- Update of Piping and Instrumentation Diagrams
- Accurate Bills of Materials
- Component Selection Criteria
- General Assembly Design drawings
- Bespoke component drawings
In return you will receive a salary of £29,000 - £33,000pa per plus 25 holiday entitlement pro rata.
To apply, please send a current CV (url removed)
Due to the high number of applications that we receive, we may be unable to respond to everyone. If you have not heard from us within 21 days, please assume that your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion