|Job Ref:||204645343||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Contract||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Pembrokeshire||City:||Milford Haven||Address:||Post Code:||SA73||Post Date:||10/10/2016 16:55|
Our client is an integral part of the UK's energy infrastructure, on their behalf we are seeking to recruit a Training Coordinator.|
The main focus of the role is overseeing the Competence Assurance process. This involves management of data, records and evidence for individuals. The post holder will coordinate assessments, developments to the system and assist in meeting training needs for those involved in competence assurance. It is a busy fast paced environment requiring strong organisational skills and good knowledge of training processes within a regulated environment.
• Develop, maintain and review all competence management documentation in line with the Competence Assurance procedure.
• Liaise with Operations to coordinate the implementation, review and amendment of competence assurance documentation in line with the procedure including safety critical profiling and process systems assessment
• Maintain all competence assurance hard copy files and complete quality assurance checks on assessment documentation to ensure correct recording of competence evidence.
• Update all electronic evidence summary files and maintain all individual profiles to align with HSE guidance
• Manage and maintain all records related to the Competency Assurance process.
• Support onsite assessors with assessment duties and ensure all required training and updates for assessors is facilitated. Liaise with staff to prompt the need for ongoing/refresher assessment.
• Track all assessments and ensure all paperwork is recorded, submitted and complete.
• Provide advice and support where assessment outcome is 'not competent'.
• Facilitate regular training and competence meetings with operations to ensure all training needs are identified and planned for the annual training plan
• Conduct regular training needs analysis' and core skills gap analysis to understand and identify site training requirements
• Liaise with operations to review and assess performance reviews in line with the training development needs of operations staff and build into annual plans
• Coordinate and schedule all training needs identified within Operations and advise on appropriate training providers where necessary.
• Act as a focal point and co-ordinate all training for the Operations Department and any other departments where required
• Liaise with training vendors to schedule, book and close out training requirements including the certification of staff.
• Review the competence assurance procedure in conjunction with HR Manager and make necessary updates
• Advise HR manager on best practice within competence assurance
• Review all relevant procedures that may need to align with Competence Assurance to ensure consistency across all procedures.
• Support contract owners with the review and management of core contractor competence
• Support and facilitate audit processes including liaising with external regulatory bodies, preparing reporting documentation, hosting auditors onsite and completing close out documentation.
• Liaise with relevant awarding body for accreditation purposes and coordinate any activity associated with achieving accreditation.
• Liaise with senior managers on progress of competence assurance and any changes to the system.
• Where necessary brief those affected by the Competence Assurance and Training and Development process to keep them up to date.
• Coordinate and review the company online learning management system and liaise with departments to ensure compliance with computer-based training requirements
• Microsoft office user
• Project management skills
• Ability to build good relationships with individuals
• Good influencing skills
• Ability to communicate at all levels of organisation and with external contacts
• Assessor accreditation desirable
• Background in training and development
• Background in training and development preferably at a COMAH site or in a highly regulated industry