|Job Ref:||204645359||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Barnstaple||Address:||Post Code:||EX32||Salary:||£60000 - £63000/annum Excellent Benefits||Post Date:||09/10/2016 02:19|
Job Title: Senior Business Development Manager|
Sector: Defence / Engineering
All applications to: (url removed)
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Senior Business Development Manager, who will be a key component within the Business Development Team, within a successfully growing company based in Barnstaple. The role relates primarily to development of business covering a portfolio of underwater products, engineered solutions and support services.
The successful candidate will:
- Develop and win new business for SEA in the British and international Naval Defence markets.
- Establish and develop strong relationships with our principle customers: the UK MOD, its various agencies, research organisations, prime contractors and system integrators.
- Through extensive customer interactions you will identify business opportunities and liaise with our engineers to develop and present compelling solutions.
- Identify business opportunities through business development customer contact and Key Account activities.
- Lead opportunity capture and bidding activities, drawing upon company process and resources.
- Establish commercial relationships with other companies that are beneficial in the pursuit of new business.
- Interact effectively with our engineers in the development of compelling technical solutions to meet customer requirements.
- Work closely with internal and external stakeholders to nurture opportunities from initial capture through to contract award.
- Provide regular communication and briefing on developing opportunities.
- Attend trade shows and industry events in the UK and overseas.
An ideal Senior Business Development Manager will hold the following skills and experiences:
- Must have proven experience and demonstrable a proven track record in the success of winning and developing business at all levels of the defence supply chain.
- Knowledge of a broad range of underwater naval systems and sensors would be a distinct advantage.
- Has a mixture of people and technical skills that builds effective relationships with customers.
- Ability to evolve customer requirements and communicate these to engineering teams to develop viable solutions.
- A goal orientated, self-starter, able to initiate and develop customer contacts, identifying and generating business opportunities and converting them to orders.
- Individual must be tenacious, confident and have good communications skills, both written and oral.
The details contained in Job Descriptions do not fully represent all the duties and responsibilities of the position. They indicate in outline only the basic duties and areas of responsibility