|Job Ref:||204646021||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||East Sussex||City:||Eastbourne||Address:||Post Code:||BN22||Salary:||£19000/annum||Post Date:||09/10/2016 02:19|
Night Shift 3pm - 11.15pm|
The position involves the assembly and test of printed circuit boards (PCB) used in access control equipment, plus any supporting tasks as required. As an SMT Technician/Assembly Operator you will play an essential role in the production of their products.
Key responsibilities: • Both mechanical, automated and hand assembly. • Using PCB board layouts, BOM part lists and written instructions in order to assemble, rework and/or re-assemble units and sub-assemblies. • Operating and performing routine maintenance on their process equipment. • Operating automated/manual assembly equipment such as Pick and Place, Screen Printer, AOI and Wave Solder equipment. • Building of printed circuit board to meet or exceed established quality standards as per the documentation or instructions provided.
• Operating PC-driven test systems. • Developing, maintaining and fine tuning programming for all equipment used in SMT related machines used for circuit board assembly. • Machine operation, setup, line maintenance, training and helping operators on machine and assembly. • Troubleshooting program/process/ machine issues and fault corrections. • Any other reasonable duties which may be required by management from time to time.
Key skills and experience: • Have a good knowledge of electronics and components. • Have experience with pick and place, re-flow, wave soldering, AOI and screen printing programming. • Good understanding of ESD requirements. IPC 610 trained advantageous.
• Good attention to detail, with a desire to maintain and improve quality standards.
• Flexible work ethic with the ability to work both independently and as part of a team.
• Have excellent communication skills.
• Basic PC literacy (training will be given).
A qualification in electronics (or equivalent) is preferable but not essential.
Previous experience in a similar role together with a good understanding of best working practices in an SMT environment.
SMT hand placement/rework experience is not essential but would be advantageous.
We endeavour to reply to all applications, however, if you haven`t heard from us within 7 days, you have been unsuccessful with this particular role. You are very welcome to apply to future advertisements placed by Grafters Recruitment Consultants / Grafters Accountancy Personnel