|Job Ref:||204646056||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||This position is based in Hatfield||Address:||Salary:||£28000 - £34000/annum + Benefits||Post Date:||09/10/2016 02:19|
A Technical Support Engineer is required to join one of the UK largest engineering firms; a world class provider of automation and control solutions to the manufacturing and process industries. This is a Division of a truly global organisation with the genuine opportunity to develop an established career path. As Technical Support Engineer you will ultimately be responsible for the provision of technical assistance to customers, internal staff and distributors for pre-sale and post-sale activities. Salary circa £28,000 to £34,000 per annum plus benefits package and additional payment for call-out.|
This post is a technical support role, working within the system services team and key responsibilities will include:
* Programming of SCADA systems, HMI units and PLC's
* System configuration over industrial networks and the provision of technical support on these products
* Support of business software solutions for to the customer
* Provision of out of hours technical support will be an expectation of this role
* Occasional travel to other locations may be required as well as interfacing with third party suppliers of software solutions both in the UK and overseas to resolve issues
To be successful in the role of Technical Support Engineer, you may have previously worked as a Systems Engineer, SCADA Engineer, Automation Engineer, PLC Engineer or Controls Engineer. You will possess the following skills and qualities:
* Proven experience within an automation support environment would be highly advantageous
* Knowledge of high level programming languages required such as C++, C# and .Net, SQL Databases and Network Architectures
* Appreciation of computer and IT infrastructure, SQL server and networking ideally obtained via a degree level course (or equivalent) is essential
* Highly organised, self-motivated and able to take ownership of problems until their conclusion
* Smart outgoing individual who is an excellent builder of relationships
This position is based in Hatfield, Hertfordshire and is easily commutable from North London, Reading, Aldershot, Luton, Crawley, Slough, High Wycombe, Chelmsford, Basildon, Guildford, Aylesbury, Milton Keynes, Watford and Stevenage.
If you are an experienced Technical Support Engineer, looking for a new opportunity, working with one of the UK largest engineering firms then please apply immediately. In return, our client offers a starting salary of circa £27,000 to £32,000 per annum plus benefits package and additional payment for call-out.
Recruit12 is a recruitment specialist working within the Automotive, Aerospace, and World Class manufacturing sectors.
Important: Please note Recruit12 is only able to place into employment candidates that have a valid EU passport, a European Economic Area (EEA) passport or a valid UK visa