|Job Ref:||204646063||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||London||City:||King's Cross||Address:||Salary:||£42000 - £42400/annum £2K car allowance||Post Date:||09/10/2016 02:19|
Purpose of Role: To assist the Engineering Department in the set up and effective management of the engineering systems and procedures. To ensure the delivery and continuity of service of the Mechanical, Electrical, Lifts & Escalators and Public Health Services to the Tenants, while protecting and enhancing the Company's high standards. - Training and mentoring will be provided to the successful candidate to allow them to undertake the responsibilities listed below. The intention is that the successful candidate will be aiming to become an Engineering Manager having gained the necessary skill sets, training and experience from on the job training and external training courses.|
• Assist with Engineering Contract Management. Organise and attend Monthly meetings with associated contractors as required. Attend site in the event of any emergency or essential work or call out and during shutdowns.
• Support the Engineering Manager in maintaining Compliance with all current legislation and recommended standards. Verify Contractors Risk Assessments are up to date and appropriate to building and maintenance tasks. Ensure all schemes, logs and manuals are up to date. Ensure that all statutory inspections are carried out by the due date and bring to the attention of the Property Management team items that are due for inspection and agree timetable to action.
• Provide Property Managers and Tenants with day-to-day technical and operational support and updates on matters such as plant shutdowns and work impacting on tenants operation. Support Property Management with Permit to Work System and check all related documents are accurate. Under the guidance of the Engineering Manager, support the Engineering Manager in reviewing Tenant License Applications. Review and comment on drawings, collate replies from submittals and questions raised on specification and reports submitted by the Tenants and advise the Landlord accordingly of any impact on base build operations or any technical or lease concerns. Liaise with tenant consultants on any technical or operational revisions. Monitor, liaise and inspection tenant fit-out work and ensure that work complies with the approved License for Alteration and reduces impact to other occupiers through noise, access, deliveries etc.
• Undertake regular audits of maintenance programme. Review call out sheets and investigate as necessary. Review Concept PPM sheets / reports and investigate as necessary. Carry out random inspections of PPM / reactive works completed and in progress.
• Provide input into the engineering service charge budgets, to include procurement as per BE's policies. Budget control, preparation of relevant specification, raising orders/instructions/ contracts and verifying (processing) invoices. To develop, implement and manage Environmental and Energy Conservation Programmes, (working with others where necessary) ensuring optimum usage of energy. To advise on potential problems, improvements and possible savings. Analyse monitoring & targeting reports and investigate and action as necessary. Arrange independent energy audits as necessary and action recommendations as necessary.
• Analysis and management of all engineering data/reports, ensuring that appropriate action/follow up is achieved. Review consultants brief on a regular basis. Manage other audit reports. Review actions/progress and monitor monthly via external reports spread sheet attached to M & E minutes.
• Management and development of the Concept planned maintenance system, ensuring information, plant history, drawings and technical information is accurate and up to date. Review and maintain the base building asset register. Review and develop site-specific maintenance tasks. Ensure drawing and O & M's are updated to reflect any changes carried out to the installed systems. Assist the Engineering Manager in developing and implementing site-specific plant replacement Programme. In conjunction with budgetary control.
• Assist in the production of engineering service specifications, contracts and associated documentation properly represent the service requirement of the premises and are presented and executed in accordance with company guidelines. Prepare contract documentation to include: - Tender Documents, agreements and specifications. In conjunction with the Engineering Manager / Senior Engineering Manager / Client Director, manage tendering procedures. Analyse Tenders. Undertake Post tender interviews. Produce Client Contract Placing Report. Monitor contractors closely during mobilisation period and through to completion.
• To ensure that the Company's Estates Client Director, Engineering Manager, Property Manager and Senior Engineer is regularly appraised of any new developments or issues of a problematic nature. Report on any emergency incident that occurs. Report on any concerns relating to plant operation. Report on any tenant relationship related issue. Report any issue that could or will involve the HSE or EHO.
• Ensure the requisite engineering standards executed in the management of buildings are commensurate with those standards promoted by the Board and detailed in the operations manuals.
• To provide sickness or leave cover as and when required.
• To undertake adhoc duties as requested.
• Good Management/Organisation Skills
• A problem solver
• Highly articulate both orally and in written work
• Excellent interpersonal skills
• Strong customer orientation
• Numerate - Able to prepare and manage budgets
• Attention to detail
• Excellent communication skills
• Engineering or Property Management related degree
• Membership of a relevant professional body
• At least 1 years' experience gained in a customer focussed environment managing a diverse range of services.
• Motivated and organised with a desire for improving performance and delivering exceptional results.
• Computer literate - Microsoft software packages to intermediate level
• Service Excellence
• Team Working
• Effective Communication
• Developing Self & Others
• Personal Integrity
• Business Alignment
• Financial Responsibility
• Impact & Influencing
• Results Orientated