|Job Ref:||204646079||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Cambridge||Address:||Post Code:||CB1||Post Date:||09/10/2016 02:19|
We need a Senior Physicist (or Principal Physicist) with a strong bias towards experimental or applied physics in a commercially driven R&D environment. You'll be the sort of individual who understands how many seemingly complex problems with product design and manufacturing processes can be resolved by the application of fundamental science. By analysing the root of the problem, the Senior Physicist will be able to cut months off a development project and save tens of thousands in budget -and produce a neater, stronger, more elegant solution in the process!|
The Senior / Principal Physicist will be a natural problem solver who gets a thrill by developing novel solutions to solve complex science and technology problems. You will have broad experience of developing systems incorporating sensors, analogue and digital electronics, precision mechanical components, optics, embedded software and other aspects of product design. You will still need solid maths and analytical skills -many problems are solved by systems analysis and modelling as well as experimental techniques.
The Senior Physicist will join the UK's fastest growing Technology Development Consultancy -but make no mistake, it may be called 'Consultancy' but this is serious hands-on Science & Engineering -not just a 'paper' exercise! The company name is synonymous with innovation. They work with SMEs & Start-ups through to Global Multinationals developing novel solutions to their clients' technical problems at all stages of the product development process. Applications are diverse: there is particular demand for their work on high-technology medical devices but they also develop scientific & industrial instruments, automated manufacturing processes and even consumer goods -walk down any High Street and you'll see products on sale that they've had a hand in developing.
The company are looking for a talented Senior Physicist -ideally with expertise in developing sensing systems including short range wireless technologies such as Near-Field, inertial or optical sensors. Any experience of medical devices (eg drug delivery systems, wireless patient monitoring /eHealth etc) would be of particular interest. They require an ideas generator, someone who gets excited -not daunted by a new problem!
What can the company offer you? Other than an exciting and (dare I say) fun role ? The chance to work at a company where each day is different and challenging; where you will work alongside some of the UK's brightest Scientists and Engineers to develop technologies that will positively impact people's lives. All this and exceptional career prospects and excellent financial rewards & benefits.
To be considered for the role of Senior Physicist you need the following:
* A Masters (MPhys MSc MPhil MRes) or Doctorate (PhD/EngD/DPhil) in Physics, Engineering or Electronics or closely related subject.
* A Undergraduate degree Bachelors (BSc/BEng/BA) 2.1 or above
Skills & Experience:
* Strong mathematical skills
* Imaginative and inquisitive mind, eager to learn new skills and to develop solutions for interesting and
* complex problems
* Excellent communication and reporting skills
* Experience in the practical application of at least one branch of Applied Physics (for example, Optics and Electromagnetism, Fluid Dynamics or Condensed Matter Physics)
* Project Management skills (particularly at Principal Physicist level)
In addition, any experience of the following will also be beneficial:
* Electronics design -ideally a mix of digital and analogue for sensor interfacing etc
* Optical component and system design
* Knowledge of radio frequency principles and basic RF design
* Experience of using C, MATLAB or other computer languages
* Experience in signal processing
Job Title: Senior Physicist or Principal Physicist -dependent on experience levels
Salary : £38-50k (Senior) £45-65k (Principal) + Benefits + Bonus and relocation assistance if required
Vacancy Location: Cambridgeshire