|Job Ref:||204647838||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Derbyshire||City:||Derbyshire||Address:||Post Code:||DE55||Salary:||£30000 - £40000/annum benefits||Post Date:||09/10/2016 02:21|
Process Engineer - Water Industry|
Location - Midlands
Salary depending on experience
Our client is one of the world leading organisations dealing with Wastewater treatment products, systems and services for industrial customers with a wide range of proven product brands, advanced water and wastewater treatment technologies.
We are actively recruiting for a Process Engineer to undertake commissioning, installation, process audits and technical support on a wide range Products and Solutions. Working under own initiative with minimal supervision to provide our customers with a high quality service, the work will encompass installation, commissioning, inspections, training, fault finding and making recommendations to external customers as well as internal colleagues.
* Primarily responsible for the commissioning, servicing and process auditing of equipment/systems but may also be extended to include the supervision of installation works and management of others including subcontractors.
* The range of products will encompass microfiltration/ultrafiltration solutions for drinking water, desalination pre-treatment and industrial process waters.
* Will primarily have a responsibility to lead commission site based activities having a strong bias towards instrumentation configuration and set-up and a strong knowledge of treatment processes
* Will solicit guidance, advice and assistance from control systems engineers, mechanical and Electrical engineers whilst directed by the Project Manager concluding in the successful delivery of a treatment process solution.
* Responsible for process commissioning and audit work by the provision of technical support across the full range of Products and Systems.
* Responsible for ensuring that mechanical and electrical installations are completed to good Engineering practice, client specifications and in accordance with company designs and documentation.
* Responsibility for Environmental and H&S when on site, ensuring all relevant control measures are in place in the field. This will include generation and completion of relevant risk assessments, method statements and the enforcement/undertaking of all relevant legislative training requirements. Ensuring that all activities undertaken on-site have associated method statements, risk assessments/ permits in place. The co-ordination of service activities on customer sites to ensuring compliance with site rules and requirements
* Will act as the face of the company on customer sites and build relationship & partnerships with our external customers as well as internal colleagues.
* Responsible for ensuring that all site records and reports pertaining to the installation and commissioning are completed in line with company procedures; and are sent to the project manager or service office within specified timeframes.
* Responsible for both dry and wet commissioning of newly installed potable water / waste water treatment plant.
* Chemical engineering trained / educated
* Have undertaken process engineering tasks both office and site
* Has developed their skills to include commissioning activities
* Have an appreciation of mechanical and electrical engineering
* Ability to work at remote sites either on own, or with others, and commitment to vary working hours to meet the needs of the job which may occasionally require the applicant to cover weekend periods.
* Willingness to travel and work in different geographical locations which will necessitate periods of time being spent away from home (typically away weekly with variable nights dependent upon business needs). Able to travel and work abroad for short periods of time [typically up to a maximum of 21 days continuous] when opportunities arise.
* Ability to assimilate information gained on the job and from training materials and courses and apply that learning in the field.
* Possesses the ability to read and maintain "As Built Drawings" (electrical, mechanical, P&I) through to final Commissioning in order to ensure that O&M manuals can be updated as may be required.
* Hold a minimum of an HND ideally a Degree in Process science or related qualification.
* Experienced or apprentice trained craftsman with electrical/ instrument/ process control background and qualification.
* Experience of fault finding, commissioning and maintenance of Water Treatment related products and systems.
* Have an appreciation and familiarity of PLC control system, functions and operations. Typical manufacturers are Allen Bradley and Siemens [plc's and HMI's].
* Display commercial awareness in and around the client and contractors.
* Possess a basic understanding of working under CDM regulations.
* Display sound H&S awareness through completed training.
* Have a good level of PC computer literacy
* Must hold valid UK driving licence.
* Have a EUSR hygiene card.
* First Aid Trained.
* Have a CSCS card or equivalent.
To discuss this role further please call our Specialist Consultant Richard Nield on (Apply online only) or email your CV