|Job Ref:||204647839||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Contract||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Birmingham||Address:||Post Code:||B12||Salary:||£0 - £37.50/hour||Post Date:||09/10/2016 02:21|
A fantastic opportunity for a Senior Highway Engineer to join our client in the Birmingham area has arisen! Our client is a multinational professional services firm who have worked on a number of iconic projects. Due to an increasing workload they are now seeking a Senior Highway Engineer to join them on a contractual basis until April 2017.|
As the selected Engineer you will join the growing Highways team where you will be involved in an extremely high profile project - the HS2. You will also be involved in leading a team so you must be able to instruct, supervise and mentor junior staff in the design and management of highway schemes.
* Technical checking and design reviews
* Ensure all projects are delivered in a timely and cost effective manner
* Prepare high-quality technical responses to pre-qualification responses, proposals and tenders
* Maintain a thorough understanding of relevant standards and regulations
* Lead and guide small design teams of junior engineers and technicians
* Extensive experience in a similar role, along with relevant qualifications
* Excellent knowledge of relevant design software (Inroads, MX)
* Confident with good communication skills for liaising with external parties
* Strong technical skills
* Able to transfer knowledge and skills towards the development of staff
This role would be ideal for a capable and experienced Senior Engineer, with a solid working knowledge of international highway standards, specifically DMRB and AASHTO. Our client offers a competitive rate to the ideal candidate for this contractual role based in the Solihull area, within travel distance from Birmingham, Coventry and Redditch.
To apply for this position, candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK without Visa restrictions.
For further information please call Emily Parvin on (Apply online only) or email and quote 3117EP, or apply directly using the "Apply" option below