|Job Ref:||204647913||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Construction||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Kent||City:||West Malling||Address:||Post Code:||ME19||Salary:||£17850 - £300000/annum flexible benefits and pension schem||Post Date:||09/10/2016 03:01|
Job Title: Technician (Highways) (CAD)|
Team: Programme Delivery Team
Area/Location(include requirements to travel): Kings Hill in Kent with travel required within Surrey, Sussex and Kent to meet the needs of the contract.
Salary: £17850 - £30,000 depending on experience
As a Technician in the design team you will work with other designers in the detailed planning,development and design of highway maintenance, structures maintenance and improvement schemes ready for construction.
* Part of the team undertaking design of schemes to agreed programme and budget
* Detailed development and design of schemes including drawings, reports and calculations, in accordance with Highways England standards including the DMRB, IANs and MCHW.
* Working in accordance with the the company Integrated Business Management System (IBMS), ensuring that all designs follow the relevant processes and procedures.
* Preparation of other reports and documents to support scheme development such as Traffic Management Options Reports (TMORs), Project Appraisal Reports (PARs), Temporary Traffic Regulations Orders (TTROs).
* Designer's duties under the CDM Regulations including undertaking designers risk assessments.
* Working as part of the Integrated Delivery Team including close liaison with other teams to ensure successful delivery of schemes.
* In addition to the above responsibilities the job holder is required to perform any other reasonable duties that are within the jobholders skills and experience capabilities as deemed necessary by the needs of the business
Computer literate including standard MS packages.
Valid UK driving licence.
Aware of CDM Regulations and associated design duties
Academic qualifications/level of education: Working towards or have achieved HND/HNC level in engineering or equivalent.
Aware of Highways England Design Standards DMRB, MCHW, IANs, TSM
Experience of working in Highways
This advert was posted by Gold Group - one of the UK's leading niche recruitment consultancies. We span a variety of specialist industries and are the recruitment company to help you find your next career opportunity. We pride ourselves on our commitment to candidates and stick to our ethos of finding the right role for the right person. Visit our website or get in touch today to discuss this role, find out what else we've got or just for a chat about the state of your industry. Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business.
Please be aware that we receive a high volume of applications for every role advertised and regularly receive applications from candidates who exceed the job credentials. We will only contact you within the next 14 days if you are selected for interview