|Job Ref:||204647954||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Cambridgeshire||City:||Peterborough||Address:||Post Code:||PE1||Salary:||£35000/annum||Post Date:||09/10/2016 02:21|
We are recruiting for a Senior Cad Technician to work in Peterborough PE4 on a permanent basis. Working for a company designs, builds and hires out portable cabins for use as temporary offices, Toilets and canteens. The annual salary is up to £35,000|
The successful candidate will assume role as lead designer working as part of a team to provide full design package for a wide variety of rental and sale modular projects using standard components from the clients range of products.
* Production of detailed design drawings and information using AutoCad and Revit
* Creation of Bills of Material using standard building blocks within Elliott's MRP system
* Manage communication with Local Authority and Approved Inspectors and provide information as required to successfully achieve compliance with Building Regulations (and Building Warrant in Scotland).
* Provide technical expertise in client and design team meetings
* Ensure best value in design to meet and increase the profitability of the project
* Manage design risk and monitor its mitigation through design Risk Assessments
* Ensure that Group Standards and Quality standards are complied with.
* Develop innovative and cost effective designs to meet the project objectives
* Ensure design is compliant with legislation and employers requirements
* Coordinating design information between supply chain
* Liaising with supply chain, customers and consultants
Job experience & skills requirements
* Proven track record in technical design and detailing of modular projects
* Good working knowledge of AutoCAD
* Working knowledge of Autodesk Revit an advantage
* Good numeracy and computer skills
* Knowledge of materials/construction methods
* Knowledge of Building Regulations & British Standards and how to apply them.
* Knowledge of Education and Health related Regulations / Codes of Practice.
* Good communication/presentation skills
* Working well as a team and on own initiative when necessary
* Capable of meeting deadlines
* High level of drive, energy and initiative, entrepreneurial, resilient, proactive, focused, tenacious and committed, with high standards and achievement orientation
* Good team player
* Good attention to detail
* Able to think fast on your feet.
Relevant Construction based HNC/Degree an advantage
If you are interested please send your CV to Sarah or for more information please call the St Albans Technical Manpower branch on (Apply online only)