|Job Ref:||204647975||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Shropshire||City:||Shrewsbury||Address:||Post Code:||SY1||Salary:||£27000 - £30000/annum||Post Date:||09/10/2016 02:21|
This World Class 1st Tier Automotive Manufacturer are recruiting NOW for a Toolmaker to join their growing team at Shrewsbury, responsible for all aspects of corrective and preventative press tool maintenance. The ideal candidate will be a time served Toolmaker with experience in press tooling within the Automotive industry. This is a mornings and afternoon shift based role, and offers a hourly rate of £13-14.50PH + shift allowance, pension, and the opportunity for overtime.|
We are shortlisting immediately for this role, so if you are interested, please "apply now" via the job board link
Are a leading 1st tier Automotive Manufacturer
World leader in Stampings and Assemblies
Supply a renowned client base including BMW, Jaguar Land Rover, Nissan, Toyota etc.
As a Toolmaker, you will carry out repairs and maintenance to all press tooling including within predetermined timelines
- Complete corrective and preventative press tool maintenance
- Be actively involved in continuous improvement activities on the lines and on tooling.
- Setting up of the press lines.
- Obtaining first off and last off sample panels.
- Obtaining and signing for verification of panel to run using quality master sample and checking fixtures for reference.
- Monitoring of the lines ensuring efficient run rates and identifying possible improvements.
- Compile end of run tooling reports, identifying any repairs or modifications that may be needed.
- Assist in tool maintenance activities.
The Suitable Candidate:-
- Experienced apprentice trained Toolmaker with a City and Guilds qualification or equivalent
- Experience of working on presses of at least 300 tonnes
- Ability to set dies in power press
- A variety of machining skills and capabilities
- An understanding of quality procedures and first off and last of verifications
- Ability to work within a team environment
- Excellent communication skills
- Positive and proactive attitude
Jenrick Engineering always has a wide range of contract and permanent engineering jobs available within the UK