|Job Ref:||204648302||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Construction||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||London||City:||London||Address:||Post Code:||WC1A||Salary:||£25000 - £35000/annum Car, Mobile, Laptop, Pension||Post Date:||09/10/2016 03:02|
Sable & Proctor are looking to recruit a qualified electrician who would be interested in joining a team of assessors / auditors to assess for The Competent Person Scheme (CPS), on behalf of one of UK's national certification organisations.|
This is very enjoyable work, using your vast experience, skills and qualifications. Travel, paperwork and computer work is involved. This role would suit an experienced electrician who would like to move away from the more manual work (tools) or may be semi-retired? Full assessor training provided.
Main Purpose of the Role
To form part of a certification team, providing advice, assessment, decision making and technical support to new and existing certified scheme members. Working within the Certification and Competent Person Scheme department.
• Provide technical support via phone and email.
• To assist the Administrator in pre-assessing application forms and the associated administration requirements.
• Understanding the purpose of the following industry standards:
• Competent Person Scheme (CPS)
• Common Minimal Technical Competences
• IET Electro technical Assessment Specification
• Minimum Competence Requirements for Work Undertaken Through Competent Person Schemes Approved Under Schedule 3 of the Building Regulations (England and Wales)
• Carry out onsite Assessment and Surveillance Visits on Applicants requiring certification.
• Carry out follow up Assessments on revised documents submitted.
• Provide written and verbal feedback.
• To develop and contribute to technical documents and manuals.
• Any other related duties as required by the Scheme Manager.
• To produce certificates or certification.
• To act in the capacity of Decision Maker and provide impartial assessment of visits undertaken to recognise if certification to the scheme should be granted.
• To conduct Annual Surveillance Visits within the scope of experience held.
• Provide feedback to other Technical Advisor/ Assessors on areas of improvement identified during Assessment and Decision Making process.
• To conduct desktop audits where required.
• Self-motivated and pro-active.
• Ability to work unsupervised.
• Well-presented professional appearance.
• Cheerful and friendly disposition.
• Autonomous but also work well in a team.
• Shows initiative and enthusiasm.
• Good organisational skills and time management.
• Willing to travel
Key Skills/Experience Required
• Must be qualified to level 3
• Must be qualified in 17th Edition regulations
• Must hold an Inspection + Testing qualification - 2391 or equivalent
• Experience and knowledge of the construction/ building/ electrical industry.
• Knowledge of planning policy and building regulations.
• Knowledge of the energy efficiency of buildings and related standards and legislation.
• Clear and confident communication, both verbal and written.
• Excellent IT skills, including all Microsoft Office.
• Accuracy and attention to detail.
• Ability to prioritise tasks.
• Ability to access, analyse and interpret data and information.
• Ability to interpret and understand technical and legal documents.
• An understanding of the Data Protection Act and principles of confidentiality.
• Knowledge of the scheme objectives