|Job Ref:||204646201||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Edinburgh||Address:||Post Code:||EH3||Post Date:||08/10/2016 04:08|
This role has a dual purpose:
• Design, develop and implement solutions for the business processes using applications to reflect the integration and standardisation requirements for clients' operating models, to mitigate risks to the availability, performance and security of systems and to make optimal use of IT resources.
• Consult with clients on the optimal application architecture design and recommend a strategic roadmap that rationalises, optimises, standardises the clients' application landscape (including cloud services) while managing risk to the client and the company.
* Act as the main point of contact for projects requiring architectural design and approval, assessing the fit of the proposed change into the existing technology architecture working with the appropriate technical experts.
* Determine the design, development, systems integration, quality assurance and testing standards for the Council, and design processes to monitor and control adherence to these.
* Understand local government specific applications and operational dependencies on these applications. Provide insight into opportunities to rationalise, standardise and/or upgrade to local government specific applications and technologies - including cloud.
* Establish and maintain effective working relationships with clients and external partners securing an understanding of their business needs, delivering solutions that meets service level agreements and enables achievement of client objectives.
* Manage the solutions architecture, setting governance for development, testing, change, release and configuration management, and assist in the IT work programme, in order to meet performance standards and service level agreements