|Job Ref:||204646326||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Construction||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||London||City:||North West London||Address:||Post Code:||NW1||Salary:||£60000 - £70000/annum||Post Date:||09/10/2016 03:03|
My client is looking for a Senior Estimator to join them in their Willesden office on a permanent basis. They are a main contractor specialising in High End Refurbishment and Restoration and have previously worked on prestigious projects such as Kensington Palace and Tower of London. They are offering to pay from £60,000-£70,000 dependant on experience. |
* Responsible for compiling estimates, working out how much it will cost to provide the client with products or services.
* Assessing materials, labour and equipment required and analysing different quotes from sub-contractors and suppliers.
* Be able to work from a bill of quantities or just a set of drawings from the client.
* Ability to produce and author Bid deliverables including methodologies.
* Combine site experience with quantity surveying skills, commercial acumen and a mind capable of financial analysis.
* Get the best price that will win the contract in a competitive bidding situation, while ensuring that the contract can be carried out profitably. The best price isn't always the lowest one, clients now award contracts based on quality of the services offered, as well as cost. So when bidding for new works a quality submission is required along with the estimated price.
* An appreciation of data confidentiality and be aware of things like price trends and regulations.
Skills and Experience:
* Good knowledge and experience of Estimating for High End Refurbishments.
* Organisational and presentational skills are crucial
* Excellent communication skills both verbal and written
* The ability to manage projects and meet tight deadlines.
* Enthusiastic, proactive team player
* Strong problem solving ability and a keen attention to detail
* Excellent IT Skills
Previous experience in an Estimator role is essential as you will be working on your own as the Senior Estimator.
Their projects vary from everything up to £3M and can involve universities, commercial office, residential, government buildings and listed buildings.
If this role sounds of interest to yourself and you have the relevant experience, please contact me on NA and apply below