|Job Ref:||204646390||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Job Type:||Contract||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Coventry||Address:||Post Code:||CV1||Salary:||£17/hour||Post Date:||08/10/2016 04:08|
IT Manager |
£17 an hour, 36.5 hours a week
Coventry City Centre
Initially 12 weeks - Immediate start
As IT Manager you support the IT functions for a leading organisation based in Coventry City Centre.
These include: computing hardware, software applications, network and voice communications, collaboration and productivity capabilities, central web services, risk management, and security and compliance services.
The purpose of this role is simple: to contribute to effective ICT support for learning and teaching departments, working under the guidance and supervision of the Head of Operations and Finance and linking into the company's central IT services. To liaise with staff and students as necessary, provide specific expertise and support for ICT equipment and specialist software within the organisation and to drive interactive teaching methods and promote latest technologies and IT skills amongst staff and students.
To provide Local ICT support in conjunction and co-operation with IT Services staff.
1. Maintain general knowledge of all technologies in order to professionally represent the organisation at an introductory level, while brining in subject matter experts when required. Recommends solutions to increase service quality, improve consistency, and ensure use of best-practice policies and procedures as appropriate to the environment.
2. Interacts with other departmental managers, technical and functional analysts and others to facilitate customer/partner solutions.
3. Leverages marketing and communications to coordinate formalized communication plans to promote engagement, awareness, adoption and appropriate use/application of IT resources within the organisation
4. To distribute and install ICT equipment, audio-visual equipment and/or software at various locations around the organisation
5. To coordinate installations and repair for information support services including computer labs, computer classrooms, academic, and administrative systems.
6. To setup, maintain and administrate various information support services and checks on equipment provided within supported ICT areas in order to identify, diagnose and document any faults or servicing requirements sufficiently so that work may begin on restoring that facility.
7. Assists in providing advice or training to both staff and students on the use of systems and general ICT equipment as well as software packages, producing and maintaining user guides and manuals in consultation with other staff if required.
8. Liaises with internal and external suppliers of goods and services on matters related to the acquisition, repair, or disposal of hardware, software or other ICT equipment.
9. Recording of details of hardware and/or software installed or removed, and ensuring that the configuration management records are updated.
10. Ensuring successful Incident, Fault and Problem Resolution in accordance with established procedures and service levels.
11. Undertakes general health and safety supervision of students and staff using equipment and working in laboratories, ensuring safe methods of working in accordance with statutory and University requirements.
12. Assists in all areas of the organisations ICT technical work as directed and undertakes general duties as and when required.
13. Provides advice and support for discipline specific applications and equipment.
AND such other duties as are within the scope of the spirit of the job purpose, the title of the post and its grading.
This role will have dotted line responsibility
Experience and skills required for this role:
Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Computer Engineering, or related degree and 5 years of experience;
Relevant Professional Qualifications such as MCTS or ACSP (Apple)
Experience Providing IT support in both hardware and software.
Experience of Management & Installation of wide range of Software
Professional experience supporting end users.
Use and support of Windows desktop operating system ,the Microsoft Office suite
Support of AV equipment
Experience of working in an educational environment.
Specialist knowledge of Active Directory
Broad range of knowledge of College applications
Ability to work under sustained pressure and deliver work to agreed deadlines
Able to work constructively within a team and advise and train junior members
Understanding of relevant health and safety issues.
Logical approach to problem diagnosis, problem solving and "Troubleshooting"
Proven track record of superior customer service or leading service management in an organization
Must be able to work on own initiative, unsupervised, whilst contributing as a member of the technical team.
Must be able to work with students and staff at all levels and be able to impart technical knowledge effectively.
Ability to communicate with staff at all levels
Must be able to work flexibly as may be required, including evenings and Saturdays