|Job Ref:||204646485||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Melksham||Address:||Post Code:||SN12||Salary:||£30000 - £48000/annum||Post Date:||10/10/2016 16:55|
RAMS Engineer - Melksham |
We are looking for an RAMS Engineer to be based in Melksham Wiltshire for a world leading Systems supplier (design, manufacture and servicing) to the rail industry for Platform Screen Door Systems, Braking, HVAC, Driver Assistance and Auxiliary Power Systems.
The requirement of an experienced RAMS Engineer has arisen to generate safety cases and associated analyses in support of rail vehicle safety and reliability assessments. The full scope of the safety cases would be identified by the RAMS engineer during project bid phases and developed through system design phase in support of approval by the NoBo / DeBo.
- Generate and manage safety case submissions throughout the system life cycle
- Developing and maintaining sound working relationships with NoBo, DeBo, ISAs
- Performing SIL Determination / Allocation for specific product functions
- Performing hazard identification / analysis to assess a hazard, causes and level of risk
- Specifying safety requirements to reduce a hazards risk to an acceptable level
- Working with systems / Design engineers to develop robust safety architectures which meet the safety requirements (with DFMEA, functional failure analysis and reliability block diagrams)
- Reviewing and analysing the design using analytical techniques such as Static Analysis, Fault Trees Analysis (FTA) and Failure Modes and Effects Analysis (FMEA) from system level down to physical component level to validate that the design meets the safety requirements and standards.
- Peer review of RAMS colleagues' analyses and reports
- Assisting planning activities, conducting and participating in project audits / reviews.
Training / Education:
- HND / Degree in relevant engineering discipline
- Systems Engineering background would be a distinct advantage
Professional experience and/or qualifications:
- Proven experience in similar RAMS discipline
- Knowledge of CENELEC Standards
- A good working background of electro-pneumatic systems is essential
- Experience in the Rail Industry is preferred but not essential
- Experience working with Notified Bodies (NoBo)
- Experience of working with Independent Safety assessors (ISA)
- Experience of working in the rail industry would be an advantage
- Knowledge of software (ideally real time systems) would be a distinct advantage
- Effective communication skills, written and oral
- Should conduct work using a systematic and methodical approach with good attention to detail
- Available to travel within the UK (and occasionally overseas) as required
- Good at team-working and able to evolve effective working relationships
- Salary - £35,000 to £48,000 - dependent upon experience.
If you believe you have the relevant skills and experience and wish to apply please send your CV to Philip
Delaloye on or call on NA Rail01
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Recruitment are those of an Employment Agency