|Job Ref:||204646553||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Worcestershire||City:||Droitwich Spa||Address:||Salary:||£38000/annum To be discussed at interview||Post Date:||09/10/2016 02:19|
Job Overview: Working with one of our business partners, a successful manufacturer supplying predominately to the automotive sector, we are looking to appoint an Engineering Change Supervisor to join their existing team. EXPIRES 17/10/16 |
Role: As Engineering Change Supervisor, your overall purpose will be the co-ordination of customer driven engineering changes to achieve no disruption to build plans, whilst achieving no obsolescence costs to division. You will maximise revenue stream for facilitating engineering change & liaise with commercial function to ensure timely receipt of monies owed. The Engineering Change Supervisor will manage the plant based engineering change process and manage material schedules & supplier liaison to ensure inventory levels are adequate to support planned introduction date without overstock and cost impact to division. You will also be responsible for developing a process for accurate tracking of inventory in relation to engineering change.
The successful applicant for the role of Engineering Change Supervisor will have strong IT skills, particularly with Microsoft Office, and possess SAP experience. You will have strong supplier management skills, and be an effective negotiator. You will be able to maintain good client relationships and have financial & industry analysis skills. Our client is looking for a hardworking, pro-active & organised individual who is ideally educated to degree level. This is an excellent opportunity offering job security, satisfaction and career progression for the successful applicant of the Engineering Change Supervisor role.
• Co-ordination of customer driven engineering changes to achieve no disruption to build plans whilst achieving no obsolescence costs to division
• Maximise revenue stream for facilitating engineering change and liaise with commercial function to ensure timely receipt of monies owed
• Manage the plant based engineering change process
• Progress timing on all changes to meet customer expectations whilst minimising stock obsolescence
• Ensure all plant stakeholders are bought into change protocols regarding timing, implementation and follow up activities
• Implement customer driven changes
• Implement design engineering changes
• Oversee and liaise with commercial function for cost recovery and quotation purposes for plant based facelift/refresh and change requests
• Manage material schedules and supplier liaison to ensure inventory levels are adequate to support planned introduction date without overstock and cost impact to division
• Develop process for accurate tracking of inventory - inbound, WIP and introduction in relation to engineering change
Key Result Areas:
• Successful retention of refresh/MY business
• On time quotation for engineering change in line with customer expectation
• Obsolescence costs
• Stock management - runout dates to plan/forecast
• No disruption to internal build through engineering change with particular attention to electrical items and pass off
Additional Skills / Competencies required:
• Strong IT skills, particularly Microsoft Office
• SAP experience
• Strong supplier management skills
• Negotiating / Influencing skills
• Project management skills
• Client relationship management
• Financial analysis skills
• Industry analysis skills
• Hard working
• Good organisation skills
• Strong communication skills
• Ability to work as part of a team
• Flexible and adaptable approach; willingness to learn
• Attention to detail
• Work well under pressure
• Bachelor's Degree desired
Key Words: "Engineering Change Co-Ordinator", "Engineering Change Coordinator", "Engineering Change Supervisor", "SAP", "Design Change", "Deviations", "ECN", "Engineering Change Notifications"
Due to the sheer volume of applications we receive, we will only contact successful applications. Therefore if you have not heard from us within 10 working days please deem your application as unsuccessful.
Candidates must be eligible to work and live in the UK
LawsonKeys - 2015/ 2016 Recruitment Sponsor to PRW
Technical Engineering & Manufacturing Recruitment Specialist - Plastics & Packaging
"LawsonKeys Ltd are acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy. In compliance with the new regulations (April 2004) in place under the Employment Agencies Act, LawsonKeys Ltd will require proof of identification. A current copy of a passport, driving licence, ID card or NI card will be required as part of the registration process. Email and faxed copies are acceptable".
LawsonKeys has been designed to project manage the mechanics of all aspects concerning the recruitment processes, implementing a simple and succinct method for targeting and introducing bona fide and skilled candidates to reputable clients and potential employers.
If this advertised position does not interest you, please consider our other opportunities by sending your updated CV outlining your achievements and your personal requisites, ie salary, location, job roles