|Job Ref:||204646614||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Hull||Address:||Post Code:||HU2||Post Date:||10/10/2016 16:55|
Head of IT|
The Head of IT is responsible for the overall strategic direction and execution of information and communication technology for Aunt Bessie's. The role will identify opportunities for innovation, efficiency and change enabled by technology, achieved by exploiting strong open relationships with executive colleagues, involvement in business strategic planning, and detailed understanding of the processes and metrics that drive the business.
Aunt Bessie's believe that IT is key to enabling business growth, and have created the new Head of IT role to promote the role of technology, build in-house skills, and champion information-led process innovation in the senior leadership team. Reporting into the Managing Director, the Head of IT will work as part of the leadership team to deliver the company strategy and grow the business through more families enjoying Aunt Bessie's food every week.
* Establish IT strategy to support the long term business vision, promote innovation and deliver robust, efficient systems and infrastructure to enable growth; develop a systems roadmap aligned with short and long term business objectives.
* Represent the IT function in the senior leadership team; develop a detailed understanding of the business, contribute to business strategy, and build relationships with key stakeholders at all levels.
* Deliver new business systems and infrastructure; lead the business case development, process analysis, systems selection/development and implementation within agreed budgets. Deliver necessary flexibility and agility, while managing risk and systems continuity.
* Promote the use of BI, data-driven insight and decision making to drive transformation and efficiency through simple actionable information, together with the tools to share knowledge and collaborate.
* Develop the Aunt Bessie's IT team and their role in the organisation; evolve the team structure; find and recruit new talent; promote a culture of continuous service improvement, innovation and skills development.
* Discover emerging technologies, innovation and best practice by building external networks, attending events, and research; share knowledge and seek opportunities to demonstrate the opportunities of new technology in the business.
* Lead the development and execution of policies and systems required to ensure data security, privacy and compliance with all applicable legislation and standards
* Work with the Group CIO to identify synergies across the William Jackson Food Group, develop forward-thinking IT strategy, and participate in coordination of cross-company IT programmes.
* Substantial senior-level track record of setting the strategic direction of IT in-line with broader business objectives, supporting the growth aspirations of the business.
* FMCG/Retail/Manufacturing experience is highly desirable but not essential. Above all Aunt Bessie's is looking for IT leader who is commercially aware and with a strong background in delivering and embedding technology to enable the business and create value.
* A natural collaborative leader and influencer; able to build strong relationships across diverse teams, yet confident enough to make difficult decisions and sometimes challenge existing thinking.
* Highly analytical, with a keen eye for detail both with quantitative and qualitative data. Good knowledge of modern BI tools.
* Skilled project manager with demonstrable experience of delivering complex projects, managing 3rd parties and controlling large budgets.
* Excellent communication skills with high standards in visual, written and oral communication. Able to articulate ideas to both technical and non-technical audiences.
Skills and experience
Aunt Bessie's is part of the William Jackson Food Group, a sixth-generation family business based in Hull.
The Aunt Bessie's brand was established in 1995 and is now loved all over the UK, known for a host of frozen and ambient food. Famous for our Yorkshire puddings, we make around 4.5 million a week at our factory in Hull. Our range also includes roast potatoes, chips, desserts, vegetables and meal accompaniments.
Aunt Bessie's is a team of 380 great people, based on strong family values, openness, respect and team work. Synonymous with the traditional taste and values of home-cooked food, Aunt Bessie's provides a helping hand in the kitchen and is committed to building a business to be proud of