|Job Ref:||204649714||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Gateshead||Address:||Post Code:||NE9||Salary:||£32000 - £40000/annum||Post Date:||10/10/2016 16:55|
Job Title: Maintenance Engineer (Electrical bias)|
Job Type: Permanent
Salary: £31,865 annual salary + overtime + benefits
Location: Gateshead, Tyne and Wear
Our client is a leading manufacturing company based in Gateshead, Tyne and Wear. The successful candidate will be responsible for carrying out maintenance work on site including planned preventative and reactive maintenance tasks.
You will need to have a formal electrical qualification including 17th edition and PLC experience in order to be considered for this role. You MUST also have previously worked within the food industry.
- Carry out maintenance work on site and for providing first hand technical diagnosis and correction of maintenance problems to maintain the assets and site in a safe and efficient operational condition.
- Carry out electrical repairs, modifications, plant upgrades and installation.
- Carry out maintenance on safety instrumented systems.
- Problem solving and diagnostic checks on electrical parts and process equipment recommending any changes or improvements that can be made to the systems.
- Conduct inspections and carry out preventative maintenance activity.
- Assist with the development of maintenance procedures.
- Ensuring maintenance logs are kept up to date and completing the relevant paperwork.
- The successful candidate must be qualified to ONC or equivalent in electrical engineering with experience in a high volume manufacturing environment.
- You must have experience within a manufacturing environment.
- Ability to read and interpret schematic diagrams.
- Knowledge of PLC control systems and ladder logic.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Willing to be flexible and work overtime when required.
- £31,865 annual salary. OTE £40,000 plus
- 3 shift pattern - 40 hours per week, paid breaks
- Plenty overtime available
- Benefits to be discussed at interview stage
If you would like further information then please feel free to get in touch with Emma Saxton on (Apply online only) / (Apply online only)